Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 4 EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 4 EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 4 EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 4 EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 4 EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

+2
KMcBride
Rich
6 posters

Inuagural Draft - 2020

Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 4 Empty Re: Inuagural Draft - 2020

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 3:19 pm

WhoDat wrote:
    Rich wrote:How about if you want me to update your scouting lists for all rounds let me know.

Have you processed any exports since you released all the players and started the draft?

If not then no one would have lists in-game? correct?

So what harm would it do to have the scout generate lists for all rounds?

yeah no lists in game. Doesn't matter to me but I don't want to do it and have someone who is not on now bitch later.
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 3:13 pm

Rich wrote:How about if you want me to update your scouting lists for all rounds let me know.

Have you processed any exports since you released all the players and started the draft?

If not then no one would have lists in-game? correct?

So what harm would it do to have the scout generate lists for all rounds?

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 3:08 pm

Rich wrote:
    Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:The people that are interested in being prepared would be. The people who are being autopicked won't be.

Rich, a little more work for you but....

Once we move into the game, before you put up the first file, you could go team-to-team and have their scout generate lists for all rounds. Then upload the file. GMs who wish can then go in and modify the lists to their liking and the ones that don't want to or can't be bothered will at least have lists generated by their scout. This could at least make the teams viable when someone else takes over.

anyone object to this?

Nope, all I ask is that we're given time to look over the list.

I'll run rounds 6-10 like 7-8pm.

Tonight?

no tomorrow night. Today we finish up to 5 and put the new file out. 5 rounds a night.

Fine by me, I'd have been up watching the Pack anyways if it had been tonight. I'm going for the perfect weekend, Wigan Athletic won (hometown team) Notre Dame won and hopefully Green Bay can make it the hat trick and the Celtics could make it 4 for 4, pity there's no NHL season or I may have been going with a 5 for 5 with the Maple Leafs.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 3:02 pm

Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:The people that are interested in being prepared would be. The people who are being autopicked won't be.

Once we move into the game, before you put up the first file, you could go team-to-team and have their scout generate lists for all rounds. Then upload the file. GMs who wish can then go in and modify the lists to their liking and the ones that don't want to or can't be bothered will at least have lists generated by their scout. This could at least make the teams viable when someone else takes over.

anyone object to this?

Tonight?

no tomorrow night. Today we finish up to 5 and put the new file out. 5 rounds a night.

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 3:00 pm

Rich wrote:
    Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:

anyone object to this?

Tonight?
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 2:59 pm

Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:

Either way it doesn't bother me, we would be doing them in sections though? I don't really want to end up with 15 1B, in a previous draft that we ended up auto picking after X ammount of rounds I ended up with about 60 starting pitchers.

5 rounds a night until Sat night. Sunday I'll sim the remaining rounds. That will give us 35 after Sat nights 5 rounds. That your 25 man roster plus some minor leaguers.

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 2:57 pm

Either way it doesn't bother me, we would be doing them in sections though? I don't really want to end up with 15 1B, in a previous draft that we ended up auto picking after X ammount of rounds I ended up with about 60 starting pitchers.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 2:54 pm

Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:

anyone object to this?

Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 2:53 pm

How about if you want me to update your scouting lists for all rounds let me know.

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 2:52 pm

Rich wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:

anyone object to this?

Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 2:49 pm

WhoDat wrote:

anyone object to this?

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 2:37 pm

This morning

70 Barons SP Marc McLeod
    71 Honu SP Bob Carlson
    72 Dux 1B Will Bedlecom
    # Round 4
    73 Dux 3B Wes O'Toole
    74 Honu SP Jesus Beltran

Tonight

70 Barons SP Marc McLeod
    71 Honu SP Bob Carlson
    72 Dux CF Jose Rivera
    # Round 4
    73 Dux 3B Wes O'Toole
    74 Honu SP Jesus Beltran
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 2:36 pm

Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:Wow, missed that one. How did 1B Will Bedlecom last until the end of the 4th round? For some reason I had him marked off as taken earlier in the draft or I would have taken him earlier I think. Guess I got to recheck who I have marked off my list.

Had to do a couple of hours work today, I'm a manager at a company that hires vans and such out to the construction industry. A customer was swapping a van and had to do a couple of hours this morning so took my laptop to work on my draft list, anyway now that I've bored you I copied and pasted on notepad the draft selections so far and according to this morning Bedlecom was chosen with the 72nd pick. But according to the draft selections now CF Jose Rivera was taken with the 72nd pick so leaving Bedlecom to drop to me although when he was taken with the 72nd pick he dropped from my list and I replaced him with another 1B, so when I took him with the 96th pick he wasn't actually on my list, go figure Shocked In fact looking at my list that I have saved Kelly Mueller was my number one pick on my list when I left for work.

So that would explain when Bedlecom was marked off my list if he was originally taken with the 72nd pick.

Rich or Blue, was the 72nd pick by the Dux manually changed for some reason?
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 2:32 pm

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 2:29 pm

WhoDat wrote:Wow, missed that one. How did 1B Will Bedlecom last until the end of the 4th round? For some reason I had him marked off as taken earlier in the draft or I would have taken him earlier I think. Guess I got to recheck who I have marked off my list.

Had to do a couple of hours work today, I'm a manager at a company that hires vans and such out to the construction industry. A customer was swapping a van and had to do a couple of hours this morning so took my laptop to work on my draft list, anyway now that I've bored you I copied and pasted on notepad the draft selections so far and according to this morning Bedlecom was chosen with the 72nd pick. But according to the draft selections now CF Jose Rivera was taken with the 72nd pick so leaving Bedlecom to drop to me although when he was taken with the 72nd pick he dropped from my list and I replaced him with another 1B, so when I took him with the 96th pick he wasn't actually on my list, go figure Shocked In fact looking at my list that I have saved Kelly Mueller was my number one pick on my list when I left for work.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 2:17 pm

The people that are interested in being prepared would be. The people who are being autopicked won't be.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 2:12 pm

Blue wrote:As many as possible. there are tons of guys i still want!

The rest of the draft would have to be done in game. But we can do 5 rounds a night in game until Sat and Sunday I'll run the rest. Shouldn't take too long and only about 15-20 to put up a new file. If I was done before 8PM- would you have enough time to be prepared for the next 5 rounds?

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 2:09 pm

As many as possible. there are tons of guys i still want!
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 2:07 pm

I vote 10+
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 2:05 pm

lets finish the 5th round and I'll put a file up. No more changes because its going to make the game file worse. Tomorrow after work, I'll run some of the draft and put up a new file. I'm up to date with the draft and I'm home watching football. Love NFL Redzone. So it won't be too long to get a file up after the 5th round is complete. What should we draft 6-10 or more?
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 1:34 pm

Blue wrote:Charming...please make a pick. I sent you a PM. I honestly don't understand what the concern is.

Or at least come on here and complain prior to allowing the utility to auto-pick for you! cheers

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 1:32 pm

Charming...please make a pick. I sent you a PM. I honestly don't understand what the concern is.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 1:25 pm

He's a monster. Probably his position dropped him.
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 1:22 pm

Wow, missed that one. How did 1B Will Bedlecom last until the end of the 4th round? For some reason I had him marked off as taken earlier in the draft or I would have taken him earlier I think. Guess I got to recheck who I have marked off my list.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 12:54 pm

Bumstead wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:To avoid more whining (and then just allowing auto-picking directly following the whining, etc.) I am willing to start over Tuesday with everyone having their scout provide a list in-game and do the draft in-game. I will take the under on 17 teams actually setting a freaking list...this is comical. Come here to complain but won't put up a list that is long enough to sustain them being gone however long they need to be. And they think we should be held hostage by their dumb choices. Ridiculous. This is the way this draft is. It is too late to change that for your own personal needs. Protect yourself according to how THIS draft is being run. YOU ARE IN THIS LEAGUE...not some league from some other time...

Part of the reason I didn't do scouting for AHIBA. You can't draft without the utility.

You can have your scout set a list in-game and then run the draft there. The game uses your list to select the players. And, TADA, draft is done and you only have your list/scout to blame or the fact that once again you were too lazy to create a LIST...

Thats the way we will finish it then. For the Ammy draft we can do 5 rounds live and 2 or 3 in game list sims of 5 or 10 rounds. I forget how many rounds there are 20 or 25.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 3:29 am