Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

+2
KMcBride
Rich
6 posters

Inuagural Draft - 2020

Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 Empty Re: Inuagural Draft - 2020

Post by Guest November 21st 2012, 6:06 am

ronmers wrote:little help ... My gecht utl shows a list of pitchers with no information regarding rankings. However, when I use the in game draft list utility I can see the players and their attributes... then searching (cntrl f) I find them in the list on Gechts but this only works for pitchers... no lists appear for fielders in gechts. So, I'm guessing I use the in game draft utility to pick my players and post here in forum???

UPDATE: If I select "batters" vice a position player and search name as scouted from in game draft utility I can add them to the draft list.

Getch isn't working great for me, specially sorting players and such. What I'm doing is in game I'm looking at players stats, ratings etc making a list then putting it into getch which the only way so far is by sorting players out by their name then finding them that way to list them.

Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 Empty draft utility issues (Ghects)

Post by Guest November 20th 2012, 8:17 pm

little help ... My gecht utl shows a list of pitchers with no information regarding rankings. However, when I use the in game draft list utility I can see the players and their attributes... then searching (cntrl f) I find them in the list on Gechts but this only works for pitchers... no lists appear for fielders in gechts. So, I'm guessing I use the in game draft utility to pick my players and post here in forum???

UPDATE: If I select "batters" vice a position player and search name as scouted from in game draft utility I can add them to the draft list.

Last edited by ronmers on November 20th 2012, 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update... solution)
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 7 Empty Draft timer

Post by Rich November 20th 2012, 7:38 pm

The draft timer will start Fri at 8AM. You will have 20 minutes from the email notification that your on the clock. If you won't be around - make and turn on the draft list.

If you are on the clock and run out of time- the utility will pick for you and you will be put on autopick until you remove it.

Post by Guest November 20th 2012, 12:17 pm

Blue wrote:My guy had him No. 1

So, one of the worst scouts had him #1 and one of the best scouts had him #1. Interesting... I guess the differences will come more towards the middle rounds and beyond.

Post by Guest November 20th 2012, 12:08 pm

For the love of god, owners need to make a list, unless they're happy with the utility picking for them. And once it auto picks for you, it stays on auto pick until you go in and set up your list.

Everyone has lots of notice about this. No complaints.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 20th 2012, 12:05 pm

Bumstead wrote:Is this the "official" post for the inaugural draft? What are the time limits going to be when the draft "officially" starts on Friday? I am out of town without access for some period in there through Saturday (possibly) so I wondered how many guys I should put in my list. If the utility isn't working what are we doing? I will put a list of players in the utility but if it doesn't work and I'm not around and I don't have access, I have concerns...

Thanks

Jeff

The utility worked fine in AHIBA- the issues where set up issues. The timer starts 8AM Friday morning - although the server is mountain time I think. Or at least it was in AHIBA. The timer will run 8AM - 11:45PM 1 hour to pick.

Last edited by Rich on November 21st 2012, 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 20th 2012, 11:34 am

Blue wrote:my understanding: Utility works fine. 20 min limits. If you don't have a guy lined up, I'll give you the highest rated Canadian.

I think I am going to draft all Canadians just for confusions sake...

Post by Guest November 20th 2012, 11:29 am

my understanding: Utility works fine. 20 min limits. If you don't have a guy lined up, I'll give you the highest rated Canadian.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 20th 2012, 11:27 am

Is this the "official" post for the inaugural draft? What are the time limits going to be when the draft "officially" starts on Friday? I am out of town without access for some period in there through Saturday (possibly) so I wondered how many guys I should put in my list. If the utility isn't working what are we doing? I will put a list of players in the utility but if it doesn't work and I'm not around and I don't have access, I have concerns...

Thanks

Jeff

Post by Guest November 20th 2012, 9:07 am

My guy had him No. 1

Post by Guest November 20th 2012, 6:20 am

Rich wrote:
    Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:When you go over the blue arrow it says "draft player", next is a green cross which says "Add to Draft List" and then at the end of the players name is a small square and a arrow which takes you to the players page. The draft I mentioned in a prevous post when you hit the blue arrow a pop up stated something like "Draft John Doe?" which it does in our draft but when you click yes it takes, well took me to a "not found" page.

Anyway the Missoula Xplorers with the first pick take (still not 100% if I've done the right thing)

RHP Christian 'Hack' Mathieu from Richmond, BC.

My scout had him #2 although I didnt have him high because of only having 2 pitches. But he put up good stats so far....

Mine had him #1 but it was the stats that made my mind up, if it had been curveball and say sinker I doubt I would have picked him #1 but it was curve and knuckleball the one doubt I did have was his age.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 19th 2012, 7:36 pm

Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:When you go over the blue arrow it says "draft player", next is a green cross which says "Add to Draft List" and then at the end of the players name is a small square and a arrow which takes you to the players page. The draft I mentioned in a prevous post when you hit the blue arrow a pop up stated something like "Draft John Doe?" which it does in our draft but when you click yes it takes, well took me to a "not found" page.

Anyway the Missoula Xplorers with the first pick take (still not 100% if I've done the right thing)

RHP Christian 'Hack' Mathieu from Richmond, BC.

My scout had him #2 although I didnt have him high because of only having 2 pitches. But he put up good stats so far....

Post by Guest November 19th 2012, 1:38 pm

Rich wrote:
    KMcBride wrote:
    Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:The timer only starts Friday doesn't it?

Yes, but if teams can make a pick before then, its been encouraged. Your 1st pick was made, correct?

I'm really hoping the import features is working. I hate entering these players Smile

We'd be able to do the full Ammy drafts in the utility...with less time between picks to keep it moving. Most teams autopick after we hit rouns 5-10 anyways so it usually flies after the 5 round.

The last time I was involved in a draft with the utilities there was only two problems, they were when you inputted a list it sometimes didn't save it or was a problem with moving a player up a couple of places list, the other was a couple of times it drafted players not on your list. However I never had the problem with drafting the wrong player, so it may have been a GM problem and not a utility problem.

Post by Guest November 19th 2012, 1:34 pm

KMcBride wrote:

Yes, but if teams can make a pick before then, its been encouraged. Your 1st pick was made, correct?

Yeah, it was really for my second round pick so I'd have a list up and ready.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 19th 2012, 1:33 pm

KMcBride wrote:

I'm really hoping the import features is working. I hate entering these players Smile

We'd be able to do the full Ammy drafts in the utility...with less time between picks to keep it moving. Most teams autopick after we hit rouns 5-10 anyways so it usually flies after the 5 round.
    KMcBride
    KMcBride
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by KMcBride November 19th 2012, 1:29 pm

Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 19th 2012, 1:29 pm

Yes the official start is on Friday but teams can pick now if they are ready. Charming has no internet until Tuesday- so we may hit wasll until Late Tuesday or Wednesday.

not everybody exported yet- so I'm giving a few days to get installed and look over the players.

Last edited by Rich on November 19th 2012, 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest November 19th 2012, 1:26 pm

The timer only starts Friday doesn't it?
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 19th 2012, 1:23 pm

Guys draft utility is fixed....Let me know if you come across anything else wierd.

Post by Guest November 19th 2012, 10:51 am

I have seen this issue in another league. When you click the blue 'draft player' button, it will log you out of the utility. We found that if you signed back in and made the pick again it would work. Not sure if that has been tried or not. It is worth a shot rather then doing this manually.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 19th 2012, 9:34 am

guys if possible please post the player number of your pick as well as the pos and name. If you look at the html- its the number at the end.

Also, Jeff Pasquale is going to have Admin rights to the draft utility too. So post any issues in the forum and one of us will address. it. Hopefull admin right will allow him to manually add players too.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 19th 2012, 9:31 am

I can enter them manually by number. must be an issue with that blue button?
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 19th 2012, 9:24 am

definately an issue here with the draft utility. guys just post your picks here til I get it working.
    KMcBride
    KMcBride
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by KMcBride November 19th 2012, 8:57 am

Blue wrote:Oh ya, baby. A Canadian goes first overall. Palin just had a panic attack.
    lol!

Post by Guest November 19th 2012, 8:51 am

Oh ya, baby. A Canadian goes first overall. Palin just had a panic attack.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 3:48 am