Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 3 EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 3 EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 3 EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

+2
KMcBride
Rich
6 posters

Inuagural Draft - 2020

Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 3 Empty Re: Inuagural Draft - 2020

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 7:01 pm

Blue wrote:You were right. updated.

Thank you Sir. Nice going picking my guy...

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 6:56 pm

You were right. updated.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 6:46 pm

Blue wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:Hey, I did not mean to select that guy...I thought that was Rodger McIndoe, 2B. Can I pick someone else?

NO. FUCK OFF...

lol. i have Roger.

the guy you took is a College OFer. PM me the name/id # of the guy you want and I'll make the change.

Sent, not sure about the id#...where do I find that again?

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 6:31 pm

Bumstead wrote:Hey, I did not mean to select that guy...I thought that was Rodger McIndoe, 2B. Can I pick someone else?

NO. FUCK OFF...

lol. i have Roger.

the guy you took is a College OFer. PM me the name/id # of the guy you want and I'll make the change.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 6:30 pm

Hey, I did not mean to select that guy...I thought that was Rodger McIndoe, 2B. Can I pick someone else?
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 6:10 pm

WhoDat wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Whitby wrote:Personally, I would prefer to keep going with the utility. Seems to work just fine to me. The only issue I have is moving players up and down. The blue arrow buttons don't seem to work very well. However, I am fine if we go to in game lists. I think it gives you a little less control, as I prefer making my pick manually, but if that is the direction we go then fine. As long as we have time to customize our in game lists.

The problem is if the teams don't pick and the utility picks college players. I won't be around to replace them with draft eligible players.

Problem is that looking at the Draft Pool in-game the college players appear on that list as well. Looks like essentially the next ammy draft class is in the list.
    thats good I just want to see if they are not draftable. Hopefully they can't be drafted even though they are on the list.

give me an example- because the college players picked by Getch so far where not draftable in game by me.

Well I can only look at the 'Draft Pool' under 'transactions' and not under 'Inaugural Draft'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 6:02 pm

Rich wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Whitby wrote:Personally, I would prefer to keep going with the utility. Seems to work just fine to me. The only issue I have is moving players up and down. The blue arrow buttons don't seem to work very well. However, I am fine if we go to in game lists. I think it gives you a little less control, as I prefer making my pick manually, but if that is the direction we go then fine. As long as we have time to customize our in game lists.

The problem is if the teams don't pick and the utility picks college players. I won't be around to replace them with draft eligible players.

Problem is that looking at the Draft Pool in-game the college players appear on that list as well. Looks like essentially the next ammy draft class is in the list.

give me an example- because the college players picked by Getch so far where not draftable in game by me.

Well I can only look at the 'Draft Pool' under 'transactions' and not under 'Inaugural Draft'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 5:47 pm

WhoDat wrote:
    Rich wrote:

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 5:10 pm

and speaking of which, three more college pitchers just got auto'd. Getch thinks it's a rookie draft, afterall.
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 5:04 pm

KMcBride wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:
    Rich wrote:

So are a bunch of 40+ y/o players, who for some f%cking reason, my scouting director insists on putting in the top five every time I ask him for an updated list.

Well with the in game list you can remove them from your draft list.
    KMcBride
    KMcBride
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by KMcBride November 25th 2012, 4:58 pm

WhoDat wrote:
    Rich wrote:

So are a bunch of 40+ y/o players, who for some f%cking reason, my scouting director insists on putting in the top five every time I ask him for an updated list.
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 4:53 pm

Rich wrote:

KMcBride
    KMcBride
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by KMcBride November 25th 2012, 4:41 pm

Bumstead wrote:To avoid more whining (and then just allowing auto-picking directly following the whining, etc.) I am willing to start over Tuesday with everyone having their scout provide a list in-game and do the draft in-game. I will take the under on 17 teams actually setting a freaking list...this is comical. Come here to complain but won't put up a list that is long enough to sustain them being gone however long they need to be. And they think we should be held hostage by their dumb choices. Ridiculous. This is the way this draft is. It is too late to change that for your own personal needs. Protect yourself according to how THIS draft is being run. YOU ARE IN THIS LEAGUE...not some league from some other time...

I would object to having to start over from round one all over again. If we're going to move from the utility to in-game drafting, then we should start with round 6 or later. I'm fine with letting Rich post an updated league file, and then simming the rest of the draft. However, Rich has mentioned that the league file will not be 100% accurate because of the changes. How will we handle it when a team's simmed draft pick selects a player who isn't actually available?

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 4:25 pm

Ah, ok. Fair enough.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 4:24 pm

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 4:21 pm

Personally, I would prefer to keep going with the utility. Seems to work just fine to me. The only issue I have is moving players up and down. The blue arrow buttons don't seem to work very well. However, I am fine if we go to in game lists. I think it gives you a little less control, as I prefer making my pick manually, but if that is the direction we go then fine. As long as we have time to customize our in game lists.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 4:19 pm

Whitby wrote:
    Rich wrote:Tim Montgomery- Don't see him in the game?

He is there. I can see him in game.

Couldn't find him in the draft so some reason. Prob my eyes Smile
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 4:18 pm

got em. up tp date with the draft again...

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 4:16 pm

He is there. I can see him in game.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 4:09 pm

Tim Montgomery- Don't see him in the game?

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 3:38 pm

Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:

Fine by me, I'd have been up watching the Pack anyways if it had been tonight. I'm going for the perfect weekend, Wigan Athletic won (hometown team) Notre Dame won and hopefully Green Bay can make it the hat trick and the Celtics could make it 4 for 4, pity there's no NHL season or I may have been going with a 5 for 5 with the Maple Leafs.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 3:29 pm

At minimum generate drafts lists in game for teams that have not made lists in the utility and were autopicked. If they didn't do it in the utility they will no likely do it in-game.

Everyone else can generate the in game lists however they like.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 3:25 pm

Bumstead wrote:
    Rich wrote:

yeah no lists in game. Doesn't matter to me but I don't want to do it and have someone who is not on now bitch later.

When does that ever happen?

Exactly base1
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 3:22 pm

Rich wrote:

yeah no lists in game. Doesn't matter to me but I don't want to do it and have someone who is not on now bitch later.

When does that ever happen?
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 3:21 pm

WhoDat wrote:
    Rich wrote:How about if you want me to update your scouting lists for all rounds let me know.

Have you processed any exports since you released all the players and started the draft?

If not then no one would have lists in-game? correct?

So what harm would it do to have the scout generate lists for all rounds?

What would they have to bitch about?....Yea I know someone will find something....The alternative is they don't create a list in-game and they get the dreaded 'autopick' in game without their scouts influence at least.

Only do this the first time, then the scouts list would persist until the end of the draft unless the GM changes it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 18th 2024, 11:51 pm