Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
Inuagural Draft - 2020 EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
Inuagural Draft - 2020 EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
Inuagural Draft - 2020 EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
Inuagural Draft - 2020 EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
Inuagural Draft - 2020 EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
Inuagural Draft - 2020 EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
Inuagural Draft - 2020 EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
Inuagural Draft - 2020 EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
Inuagural Draft - 2020 EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

+2
KMcBride
Rich
6 posters

Inuagural Draft - 2020

Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Inuagural Draft - 2020 Empty Re: Inuagural Draft - 2020

Post by Rich November 29th 2012, 2:48 pm

Bumstead wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:So, when I did my draft list in-game, I had my scout fill out all rounds and then made some adjustments but all the guys I want are apparently listed in round 1...is this a problem? I won't be home in time to fix it...sigh...I clearly have the best "team" now, so I guess this will just give y'all a chance to catch up...

On a side note, I will not invite anymore owners to join this league. I'm sorry and feel stupid for inviting the last guy...

Jeff

not 100% sure but I would assume that it picks from the top of your list. I haven't played solo/inaugural draft since at least version 10.

Is this what your your talking about? This wasn't meant as directions on how to do the draft and this was before Mark posted the tips.

And? That is what I relied upon. I'm like a three-tailed dog in a room full of rocking chairs right now. I didn't have time to do more than skim his post. You can deflect all you want. It's still BS. I don't know Mark from Adam anyway. Should I rely on the Commissioner who I have known for quite some time or somebody I barely know? All me I guess.

Jeff

I said I wasn't sure otherwise i would of told you how to do it.

Whatever Rich. It's all my fault. I shouldn't rely on what you say or if I do, I shouldn't say so, cause you will only backtrack on it anyway. Is that about right?

bend it or pull out whatever you like. I never told you to do anything. The procedures where posted here in the forum and I believe there was an email that everyone got on the 26th saying that it needs to be copied to all rounds.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 29th 2012, 2:30 pm

nm

Last edited by Bumstead on November 29th 2012, 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 29th 2012, 2:27 pm

Bumstead wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:So, when I did my draft list in-game, I had my scout fill out all rounds and then made some adjustments but all the guys I want are apparently listed in round 1...is this a problem? I won't be home in time to fix it...sigh...I clearly have the best "team" now, so I guess this will just give y'all a chance to catch up...

On a side note, I will not invite anymore owners to join this league. I'm sorry and feel stupid for inviting the last guy...

Jeff

not 100% sure but I would assume that it picks from the top of your list. I haven't played solo/inaugural draft since at least version 10.

Is this what your your talking about? This wasn't meant as directions on how to do the draft and this was before Mark posted the tips.

And? That is what I relied upon. I'm like a three-tailed dog in a room full of rocking chairs right now. I didn't have time to do more than skim his post. You can deflect all you want. It's still BS. I don't know Mark from Adam anyway. Should I rely on the Commissioner who I have known for quite some time or somebody I barely know? All me I guess.

Jeff

I said I wasn't sure otherwise i would of told you how to do it.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 29th 2012, 2:21 pm

nm

Last edited by Bumstead on November 29th 2012, 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 29th 2012, 2:15 pm

Rich wrote:

Jeff

Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 26th 2012, 11:15 am

Bumstead wrote:I drafted straight up the middle for my first 5 picks...C/P/2B/SS/CF...That may be a problem when I can't hit the ball out of the park and I don't have any other pitchers...who knows. Looking forward to rounds 6-10 either way!

smart approach-

Post by Guest November 26th 2012, 10:43 am

Personally felt that there was more depth with hitters than pitchers, I was a bit 50/50 with my third pick but risked it with a pitcher. At the moment I'm very happy with my picks.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 26th 2012, 10:17 am

I drafted straight up the middle for my first 5 picks...C/P/2B/SS/CF...That may be a problem when I can't hit the ball out of the park and I don't have any other pitchers...who knows. Looking forward to rounds 6-10 either way!

Post by Guest November 26th 2012, 10:15 am

I've been doing most of the scouting/drafting myself and not bothering with the scout, I picked him for the future rookie drafts. However I'll hopefully see how much he's worth as I've put by his accounts a can't miss prospect within my next picks, although OOTP rates the prospect as a can't hit prospect.

Post by Guest November 26th 2012, 10:12 am

I only drafted one pitcher among my first 5 rounds. three infielders though. With the fourth pick in the next round I believe I'll be adding another arm. If I've set up my list right. I got brave and threw in some 'or's, not just 'and's.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 26th 2012, 10:07 am

going to have my fingers crossed my scout will get me some bats- and not all firstbasemen. Otherwise I'll have to win a lot of 2-1 games in my stadium..........

Last edited by Rich on November 26th 2012, 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 26th 2012, 10:05 am

Bumstead wrote:
    Blue wrote:I believe Tim Keels was drafted by about seven different teams.

I will take him if nobody wants him!

I liked him too- I was hoping he would be my #5 guy. I know he got drafted by Charming in the first, second, and third.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 26th 2012, 10:04 am

That College pitcher Nueve got the records and he wasn't even eligible Smile
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 26th 2012, 10:04 am

I will take him if nobody wants him!

Post by Guest November 26th 2012, 10:01 am

I believe Tim Keels was drafted by about seven different teams.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 26th 2012, 9:43 am

once we are finished with the draft. I will confirm and correct the first 5 rounds so it matches the utility. Then everyone can check the first 5 rounds and make sure they got the correct players. If I missed any- I can easily correct them.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 26th 2012, 9:39 am

Neil_MissoulaGM wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:Picks should not be changed once picked. Changing them can/does affect others down the road. I may or may not have picked him when I too Wearowear but it would have been a tough choice for me and I'm sure others may have looked at him.

we usually don't mess with the picks but with the Hurricane, utility issues, and the impotance of the draft. We didn't want any teams to start of weak. In my experience, the Gms that don't draft will drop out and leave a team that is hard to fill and/or will be disadvantage in the long run. But I agree- that guy should not of been moved. That was a mistake on my part.

This is the main problem with an inagural draft, GM's don't get the players they want so they jump ship. All it needs is a bit of preparation and you'll get a decent team that you can build on, yeah the utility sometimes screws up but if GM's could be trusted all leagues would do a forum draft but it takes forever because GM's can't be trusted.

End of the day is winning really that important? In all the years I've played in online leagues I've won 1 championship, was it the most enjoyment I've had in a league not by a long shot. I join leagues to have fun and a bit of banter with rivals, if I quit a league it's because I'm either not having fun or lack of time but never because I'm not winning.

The utility works pretty good with the exception is its a little slow. The college players showing up may have something to do with releasing the players and doing a redraft. Not sure why you can sort by position. I'll try to get that fixed if possible. But you need to make your list in the game. You need your scout. There is no point in playing with scouts if we are going to look at the real ratings in the utility. We got another Ammy draft coming up in a few weeks - so the best way. Do your list in game and enter the players in the utility. Sort by name and do a cntol F to find them or scroll through. Honestly its not that hard and that different than how we did it in the past.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 26th 2012, 9:31 am

WhoDat wrote:I'm only seeing players that have not yet been picked in the draft pool.

are you looking in your draft list or the draft pool. I don't think the game removes the players from the draft pool (but could be wrong). But when I'm signed in as North Shore - I'm pretty sure the drafted players should not show up/or be on your list. You shouldn't be able to draft them.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 26th 2012, 9:24 am

Jeff

Post by Guest November 26th 2012, 8:50 am

The thing I learned from really looking closely at my scout's list is:

A) He loves mediocre OFers.

2) He has a hard-on for 36 year olds who have never played organized baseball.

iii) He's fucking retarded.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 26th 2012, 8:41 am

So, when I did my draft list in-game, I had my scout fill out all rounds and then made some adjustments but all the guys I want are apparently listed in round 1...is this a problem? I won't be home in time to fix it...sigh...I clearly have the best "team" now, so I guess this will just give y'all a chance to catch up...

Jeff

Post by Guest November 26th 2012, 7:41 am

Great post, Neil.

Also, for all the people having problems with the utility, there were plenty of others who were able to draft quite successfully without it ever being a problem. They just quietly made their picks and never felt it necessary to post on the forum.

Post by Guest November 26th 2012, 5:25 am

Rich wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:Picks should not be changed once picked. Changing them can/does affect others down the road. I may or may not have picked him when I too Wearowear but it would have been a tough choice for me and I'm sure others may have looked at him.

we usually don't mess with the picks but with the Hurricane, utility issues, and the impotance of the draft. We didn't want any teams to start of weak. In my experience, the Gms that don't draft will drop out and leave a team that is hard to fill and/or will be disadvantage in the long run. But I agree- that guy should not of been moved. That was a mistake on my part.

This is the main problem with an inagural draft, GM's don't get the players they want so they jump ship. All it needs is a bit of preparation and you'll get a decent team that you can build on, yeah the utility sometimes screws up but if GM's could be trusted all leagues would do a forum draft but it takes forever because GM's can't be trusted.

End of the day is winning really that important? In all the years I've played in online leagues I've won 1 championship, was it the most enjoyment I've had in a league not by a long shot. I join leagues to have fun and a bit of banter with rivals, if I quit a league it's because I'm either not having fun or lack of time but never because I'm not winning.
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 10:50 pm

I'm only seeing players that have not yet been picked in the draft pool.

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 10:28 pm

I don't see already chosen guys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 10:28 am