Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 5 EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 5 EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 5 EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 5 EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 5 EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 5 EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 5 EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 5 EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 5 EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

+2
KMcBride
Rich
6 posters

Inuagural Draft - 2020

Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: Inuagural Draft - 2020

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 12:48 pm

Rich wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:To avoid more whining (and then just allowing auto-picking directly following the whining, etc.) I am willing to start over Tuesday with everyone having their scout provide a list in-game and do the draft in-game. I will take the under on 17 teams actually setting a freaking list...this is comical. Come here to complain but won't put up a list that is long enough to sustain them being gone however long they need to be. And they think we should be held hostage by their dumb choices. Ridiculous. This is the way this draft is. It is too late to change that for your own personal needs. Protect yourself according to how THIS draft is being run. YOU ARE IN THIS LEAGUE...not some league from some other time...

Part of the reason I didn't do scouting for AHIBA. You can't draft without the utility.

You can have your scout set a list in-game and then run the draft there. The game uses your list to select the players. And, TADA, draft is done and you only have your list/scout to blame or the fact that once again you were too lazy to create a LIST...
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 12:44 pm

Bumstead wrote:To avoid more whining (and then just allowing auto-picking directly following the whining, etc.) I am willing to start over Tuesday with everyone having their scout provide a list in-game and do the draft in-game. I will take the under on 17 teams actually setting a freaking list...this is comical. Come here to complain but won't put up a list that is long enough to sustain them being gone however long they need to be. And they think we should be held hostage by their dumb choices. Ridiculous. This is the way this draft is. It is too late to change that for your own personal needs. Protect yourself according to how THIS draft is being run. YOU ARE IN THIS LEAGUE...not some league from some other time...

Part of the reason I didn't do scouting for AHIBA. You can't draft without the utility.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 12:38 pm

To avoid more whining (and then just allowing auto-picking directly following the whining, etc.) I am willing to start over Tuesday with everyone having their scout provide a list in-game and do the draft in-game. I will take the under on 17 teams actually setting a freaking list...this is comical. Come here to complain but won't put up a list that is long enough to sustain them being gone however long they need to be. And they think we should be held hostage by their dumb choices. Ridiculous. This is the way this draft is. It is too late to change that for your own personal needs. Protect yourself according to how THIS draft is being run. YOU ARE IN THIS LEAGUE...not some league from some other time...
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 12:31 pm

L I S T

DRAFT FROM L I S T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not hard.

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 12:23 pm

Blue wrote:Goddammit. The game is picking college pitchers.
    I still don't understand why guys join a league from scratch if they don't want to participate in the draft. Oh well.

The setup of this draft creates an environment where it is far too easy to miss your time allotment (because you have NO idea when it will come up and you only have an hour to get there once it does - assuming you get the notification instantly... and that is not even to mention whether or not you're by a comp). As I said, yesterday it was PURE dumb luck (twice!) that I checked the draft utility and saw my 3rd and 4th selections were due in <15 minutes. If not, I'd have been auto'd twice without even knowing the setup of the draft's functionality (noone gave me a cribs notes on how it works - had to run by trial and error... and not going to bed until 3AM last night).

30 minute set time windows would have allowed for people knowing EXACTLY when their pick is up and it would have easily allowed for over 30 picks per day (clock off from 12-7 EST would have made it at least 34 picks per day). Sure there would have been hold ups at some points (when the draft overlapped a team whom came up far in advance of their time window), but at 34 picks per day we could have easily done 15ish rounds in one week - without the need for offdays either, since the hectic nature of this current draft is what apparently is necessitating them.

For reference, I commished a league for a few seasons that began with an inaugural draft. We drafted 50 rounds in 4 weeks time using 1 hour time windows in rounds 1-5 and 30 minute time windows after that. No hitches, no complaints.

Just as an fyi - so that it doesn't seem bitter when it occurs, as it is pure frustration - I have 12 players on my list. With the skill level of the players on it, I expect the list to survive 2-3 rounds. If I get home tonight at 6-7PM CNT (6.5 to 7.5 hours from now) and see we are in round 7-8 and I had a player auto'd then that is on me (I've made the conscious decision to stop at 12 players on the list because I don't want to end up with 3 1B and 3 CLs or something ridiculous... since there are no "if this then that" functions in the draft utility to govern such absurdities), but if I see that we are in round 10+ and I've had 4+ auto picks due to the nature of the draft (which I've been pretty vocal about with my frustration), then I can't promise I'll stay.

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 12:18 pm

are you going to switch out teh college pitchers?
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 12:17 pm

WhoDat wrote:
    I still don't understand why guys join a league from scratch if they don't want to participate in the draft. Oh well.

No, the utility is picking college players. In-Game you can setup your lists personally or just click on having your scout create the lists. You loose out on the live draft but the commish could go through all teams once and at least have the scout make the lists.

I don't get using the utilities which are flaky. Every draft I have been in using the utilities there have been issues and complaints. The best drafts I have been in actually is in the DDB where everyone is assigned a time slot in the forums and you pick. If you miss your slot you get skipped but can make your pick anytime after your time. Takes longer but it works smoother.

the utilties work fine- this may be a inaugural draft issue/restart. I haven't done one with Getch. We used statslab last time and it worked fine. But we didn't release all the players and redraft.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 12:15 pm

I noticed that- I had trouble finding a guy or two. The reason I changed Lebowskis pick last round. I couldn't pick the player.
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 12:09 pm

No, the utility is picking college players. In-Game you can setup your lists personally or just click on having your scout create the lists. You loose out on the live draft but the commish could go through all teams once and at least have the scout make the lists.

I don't get using the utilities which are flaky. Every draft I have been in using the utilities there have been issues and complaints. The best drafts I have been in actually is in the DDB where everyone is assigned a time slot in the forums and you pick. If you miss your slot you get skipped but can make your pick anytime after your time. Takes longer but it works smoother.

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 12:03 pm

Goddammit. The game is picking college pitchers.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 11:53 am

And now while he is whining about getting a good pitcher he didn't want, he doesn't make a pick and gets auto-picked...why would we change anything for him? He was just on here and he just let it go. WTF...
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 11:49 am

WhoDat wrote:and there have been some 35 picks since then when someone could have picked Keels, who is a pretty darn good pick. Plus if Keels was on anyone's lists he is since removed.

Yep, Keels was high on a lot of lists and wouldn't still be on the board. The guys who should be trying to change their picks are the 3 auto-picks in front of him. Either we change them all or we change none. Keels is not a bad pick.
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 11:47 am

and he was just autopicked along with several others.
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 11:45 am

and there have been some 35 picks since then when someone could have picked Keels, who is a pretty darn good pick. Plus if Keels was on anyone's lists he is since removed.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 11:41 am

WhoDat wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Michael42371 wrote:Draft is messed up. My third rounder was auto picked not sure why. Don't want this player. Now I cannot sort or filter while searching on the draft page.

you where on the clock last night at some point and your time ran out. You only get an hour. Your on the clock now- pick a player that is still available and I'll switch it.

Have you already changed his 3rd rounder? He has SP Keels who does not show as an autopick (no *)?

No it wasn't autopicked- it was from his list but I put 2 players on his list when I picked from him when he had no power (1st round). I never shut the list pick from list off so it picked him instantly for him. He never got a chance to pick.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 11:35 am

Yeah, 3rd round wasn't auto-picked and shouldn't be changed.
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 11:31 am

Rich wrote:
    Michael42371 wrote:Draft is messed up. My third rounder was auto picked not sure why. Don't want this player. Now I cannot sort or filter while searching on the draft page.

you where on the clock last night at some point and your time ran out. You only get an hour. Your on the clock now- pick a player that is still available and I'll switch it.

Have you already changed his 3rd rounder? He has SP Keels who does not show as an autopick (no *)?
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat November 25th 2012, 11:26 am

Rich wrote:

If you are going to switch out a player for his 3rd round pick then please do it during his current 4th round selection. The guy he took in the 3rd was on my list, don't know that I would have taken him in the 3rd but I'd like to be picking from the guys that are available, he got knocked off my list and I doubt he will be automatically added when he is available again.

No offense to anyone but I don't really like this adjusting picks after the fact. A few of the subs done earlier, though they supposedly weren't the best players available, were on my list and coming up soon, ie; Tom Daly was near the top of my list at the time and I was hoping he made it to me. Also, the 'bad' players autopicked are just being picked later for someone else to deal with.

We chose the utility and the rules were set forth from the beginning, the time limits and autopicks and such.

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 11:18 am

You need to do your sorting and searching in-game. The utility is basically only a list-builder. You can sort either batters or pitchers alphabetically and then add them to your draft list.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 11:11 am

Michael42371
    Michael42371
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Inuagural Draft - 2020 - Page 5 Empty Draft problems

Post by Michael42371 November 25th 2012, 11:00 am

Draft is messed up. My third rounder was auto picked not sure why. Don't want this player. Now I cannot sort or filter while searching on the draft page.

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 10:45 am

CHARMING IS UP...due at 11:44 a.m. EST.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 25th 2012, 10:34 am

My draft has gone well as well...the utility is a bit of a pain but overall it has worked for me. I haven't experienced the houdini mode like joepa has or anything. Overall, I'm happy my draft has gone well and that joepa has had "issues."
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 25th 2012, 10:15 am

Blue wrote:If you're happy with the guys you got, Ron, then it looks like everything is fine.

And despite all the doom and gloom from some of the others, my draft has gone perfectly smoothly as well.

me too- the Ammy drafts should be easier. There 9k+ players in this draft. I think normally theres a few K total.

Post by Guest November 25th 2012, 10:11 am

If you're happy with the guys you got, Ron, then it looks like everything is fine.

And despite all the doom and gloom from some of the others, my draft has gone perfectly smoothly as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 19th 2024, 2:36 am