Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

+8
Det42
Rosco70
Portland GM
kencoda
MissoulaXplorers
WhoDat
bigrevkev55
Rich
12 posters

ootp16 conversion discussion

Rich
    Rich
    Commish

ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: ootp16 conversion discussion

Post by Rich April 12th 2015, 2:29 am

Snarf054 wrote:I won't be purchasing 16, at least not for quite awhile, so Hartford will be open after this season. I haven't extended anyone this season because of that, but most players are under contract and none of the contracts are what I consider bad so whoever takes over will be in way better shape than they were when I took over at least.
    Hate to lose you- Thanks for your time.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich April 12th 2015, 2:27 am

joepott wrote:I honestly was not planning on upgrading to 16, but I wouldn't rule it completely out. I am sure Palin will mock me and question my manhood, which will make me buy the game. Mark me as undecided.
    come on Joe - stick with it!!!!!!
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich April 12th 2015, 2:26 am

kencoda wrote:My preference is to wait until the ML All-Star break to upgrade when their typically is a discount from OOTP.
    If the league decides to do so prior, I will bow out....
    Hi Ken - I hope you stay with us as you have been here a long time.  I can't promise when we will upgrade but the plan was hopefully to hit the discount.    I already have it but I think we can try to hold of to hit the discount.  I think we are scheduled to end the season the middle of May.  Then we have playoffs and World Series.  That should bring us fairly close to the discount time.  We should be able to sim a little and maybe hold of a little too to give everyone one a break on the price.  Just can't promise that but that is the plan.  Its gonna take me some time to upgrade the league to 15 and then 16 as well.  So i'd say it's a 75-80% change we will get the discount price if offered.  

Then most likely we will skip 17 but again I can't promise that. Hopefully we will fill up with ootp16.  I think we have 4 or 5 open teams.

Post by Guest April 11th 2015, 10:07 pm

I already have 16. I hope we keep feeder leagues.

Post by Guest April 11th 2015, 7:45 pm

I honestly was not planning on upgrading to 16, but I wouldn't rule it completely out. I am sure Palin will mock me and question my manhood, which will make me buy the game. Mark me as undecided.
    Portland GM
    Portland GM
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Portland GM April 11th 2015, 7:18 pm

Portland staying and ready for 16

Personnel - Coaches - Yes
    Writing Points - No
    Owner Goals - Indifferent
    Team Owner Controls - Indifferent
    Feeders - Keep Feeders

Last edited by Portland GM on April 12th 2015, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    kencoda
    kencoda
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by kencoda April 11th 2015, 5:50 pm

My preference is to wait until the ML All-Star break to upgrade when their typically is a discount from OOTP.
    If the league decides to do so prior, I will bow out....

Post by Guest April 11th 2015, 4:25 pm

Version 16 is fine.. So staying

Personnel - Coaches - Yes
    Writing Points - No
    Owner Goals - Indifferent - Status quo is fine.
    Team Owner Controls - Indifferent - Status quo is fine.
    Feeders - Keep Feeders, so I"m voting no for removal.

Post by Guest April 11th 2015, 3:34 pm

I won't be purchasing 16, at least not for quite awhile, so Hartford will be open after this season. I haven't extended anyone this season because of that, but most players are under contract and none of the contracts are what I consider bad so whoever takes over will be in way better shape than they were when I took over at least.
    MissoulaXplorers
    MissoulaXplorers
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by MissoulaXplorers April 11th 2015, 3:25 pm

Missoula is staying.  I love the idea of adding coaches.  I am for article rewards, but I'm also probably one person that won't have a ton of time to write much.  I like the idea of owner goals.  I like the owner budget component.  We're the GMs, not ownership after all.  I'm indifferent on the feeder leagues.

ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 Empty smokies

Post by Guest April 11th 2015, 3:14 pm

We will be staying and do own the game.
    Im kewl with or without turning coaching on, which ever is fine by me. 
    As for the writing issue, ive never been keen on this topic. I have not joined
    to help me with my creative writings. If you want to write, more power to you.
    I dont see how you should get compensated for it though. 
    Other then that, im kewl with whatever you guys decide. Im a firm believer
    that its the commishes league. Eventually, its what keeps the commish interested that keeps 
    these leagues alive. Commishes that work in owners opinions are nice, but not necessary, imo..
    This league is one of my all time favs and thank all that is involved in running it.
    Thank you Commish
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat April 11th 2015, 2:19 pm

I'm in.

1) I'm for giving this a shot unless it is going to push GMs away.  I like the idea but I can see the arguments both ways. Before v16 I wasn't really interested but they've improved the feature enough that I think it might be worth a try. Coaches' impact is supposedly small so I don't think it will cause an imbalance.  You can set your assistant GM to hire/fire minor league personnel  if you don't want to be bothered (he can do the majors too if you want).  It is another expense for teams though in general coaches salaries are minor compared to player expenses.

2) eh, OK.  I think GMs should write because they want to write but I can understand this being an incentive.  It is stated in the proposal by I want to second it, I'm totally against editing anything regarding player's ratings.  As for making coaches, fine, but I'm not sure we should be able to set their underlying ratings.

3) I'm for the owner's goals unless it is determined that they have a significant impact on the game (which I don't think they do).

4) I would be for making the entire revenue stream available but don't have a major issue with the owner controlled budget. I can work within either system.

5) I want to keep the feeder leagues.  They don't make the file that much larger and if it does cause an issue downloading the file you can download outside the game without a whole lot of work.  The feeders give us a lot more info to evaluate the draft pool.  Having multiple seasons of performance data along with scouting is a big plus.

File Size:  If you want to reduce the file size the biggest win is to use the 'Purge Scout Database' function that became available in v15.  This purges all scouting data for retired players and reduces the stored reports for active players to one.  I run this in tMBU once a season after the January re-scout.  This allows us to have monthly scouting reports for the current season but only have one per year in previous seasons.  I have seen this cut 30m or more off the size of the tMBU league file.
    bigrevkev55
    bigrevkev55
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by bigrevkev55 April 11th 2015, 12:32 pm

I'm staying. Definitely want to turn on coaches. I like the idea of owner goals and want to keep the feeder leagues.  Im indifferent on the other items.

Last edited by bigrevkev55 on April 11th 2015, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 Empty Proposed Changes

Post by Rich April 11th 2015, 12:05 pm

1) Personnel - I'd like to turn on coaching in ootp16.  I think it will be a cool enhancement.  It would be fun to make players coaches and managers.  In the past its been a pain to handle but we have an option to have handle just the major leagues, all of it, or have the assistant gm handle part or all of it.

2) Articles/Participation - a few GMs have brought up articles and rewards over the last few seasons.  I removed this from the league for a combo of lack of participation and no real worth while rewards to use points on.  I'm thinking about bringing back the reward system as we might be able to spend the point if we turn on coaching.  

We could earn point for articles and extras.  Spend them on stadium mods, turning players to coaches/managers, maybe adding a coach of manager, owner changes....  Maybe editing coaches and managers.  No player edits.

3) Owner Goals -   We can turn on owner goals on or turn off.  Each season the owner will give you goals to work on.  Since we can't get fired, I'm not sure what the impact is.  Maybe effect scores or budgets - or maybe nothing if you can't be fired.

4) Team Owner Controls - The Owner currently controls the budget.  We been back in forth on this one.  We have done it both ways.  Should we leave it with owner budgets or go back to entire revenue stream available to teams.

5) Feeder League -  Keep it or get rid of it.  Getting rid of it will keep the file smaller.  Occassionally teams have trouble downloading the file.  I'm not hearing a lot on this so it may not be an issue.  Getting rid of feeders, we will only have 1 year of stats to look at when drafting.

OOTP16 Manual: http://manuals.ootpdevelopments.com/index.php?man=ootp16

Last edited by Rich on April 11th 2015, 1:10 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

ootp16 conversion discussion - Page 2 Empty ootp16 conversion discussion

Post by Rich April 11th 2015, 12:00 pm

Hi Guys,

As you know or should know we are moving to ootp16 after this season is over.  Here I would like to discuss who is continuing on and what changes we should do in ootp16.  Please post here if you are staying with the league and your thoughts on proposed changes/ For or against.

GMs staying (14)
    Asheville
    Boston
    Charming
    Chicago
    Death Valley
    Detroit
    Missoula
    Missy
    Montreal
    New York
    North Shore
    Portland
    Savanah
    Tacoma

Not Staying (5)
    Cleveland
    Hartford (Open)
    Key West (Open)
    South Florida (Open)
    Wisconsin

Undecided (5)
    Denver
    Las Vegas
    Maine
    Thunder Bay
    Whitby

Proposed Changes
    Turn on Coaching     For-11  Against-1 (ASH,BOS,CHI, Det, DV, Missoula, Mon,NYK,NSH, Port, Sav Tac)
    Article Reward System For-3  Against-3 (DV,NSH,ASH, Missoula,Mon, NYK)
    Owner Goals-  For-6  Against-0 (Bos, CHI, DV,NSH, Missoula,Mon)
    Owner Controls - Owner budgets-2  total rev stream-0 (CHI,NSH)
    Remove feeders - For-0  Against-7  (CHI,DV,Mon, NSH, NYK,Missy, Tac)

Approved Changes
    Keep Feeders - no change
    Turn coaches on
    Keep Budgets as is (Owner budgets on)

Added Features in ootp15/16 -  
    double Headers
    Rain Outs
    In Game voting
    Assistant GMs (with coaches on)
    hof plaques
    retired numbers

Last edited by Rich on April 29th 2015, 10:06 am; edited 28 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 4:28 am