Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
Future draft discussion EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
Future draft discussion EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
Future draft discussion EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
Future draft discussion EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
Future draft discussion EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
Future draft discussion EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
Future draft discussion EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
Future draft discussion EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
Future draft discussion EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

4 posters

Future draft discussion

WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Future draft discussion Empty Re: Future draft discussion

Post by WhoDat January 10th 2013, 5:28 pm

Managing my work softball team with only 11 players. Took a line drive off my wrist while playing 3b breaking my wrist. Left the lineup and planned on going to the hospital after the game. Then out not-so-tough Catcher got a rasperry on his leg from sliding and he decided he had to go home to clean it out AND his girlfriend, who was playing OF, had to go with him. This left us with only 8 players so I went back in to catch, well be a backstop since if the ball hit my glove hand was was in serious pain. After the game hung around for several beers and pizza then decided since my hand was now numb and my wrist was obviously messed up so I drove myself to the hospital. turned out 2 broken bones in my wrist and out wuss catcher was uncomfy sitting down for a week.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead January 10th 2013, 4:22 pm

Michael42371 wrote:I don't have a wife to call me an idiot. But my daughter (age 10) wtinessed it. My mom tells me all the time to stop since I am now 40+... I won't listen. We should all play on a team, call it the "Injured Idiots"

Yeah, I'm about to turn 45 and I'm about in the middle of the age group for guys that are on our team. We had a 60 year old hit 2 HR's (over 300') in a game last season...we have finally started recruiting kids for the outfield...it can get pretty comical out there. My mom asks me if I'm hurt yet every time we talk on the phone... Rolling Eyes
    Michael42371
    Michael42371
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Michael42371 January 10th 2013, 4:14 pm

I don't have a wife to call me an idiot. But my daughter (age 10) wtinessed it. My mom tells me all the time to stop since I am now 40+... I won't listen. We should all play on a team, call it the "Injured Idiots"
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead January 10th 2013, 4:10 pm

Michael42371 wrote:U win...lol. Not sure what though..

Yeah...I win nothing. I'm an idiot. My wife won't even come watch anymore because of it. Oh well, our team has so much fun playing softball that I hate to quit. Too bad y'all live so far away, it would be fun to play on the same team. The kicker is that I play for a newspaper and several of the guys are sports reporters; so, after every game they create a newspaper about the game the night before; they keep career and season stats, all-time records and such. They are as nuts as I am. base1
    Michael42371
    Michael42371
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Michael42371 January 10th 2013, 4:05 pm

U win...lol. Not sure what though..
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead January 10th 2013, 4:00 pm

Michael42371 wrote:I dislocated my shoulder and missed 2 games. Couldn't throw but came back to DH, triple (with a slide into 3rd) my first at bat back. I also drove myself to the hospital after the injury.

I dislocated/fractured my shoulder in the 2nd inning of the game. Got up, tried to make a circle with my arm, cried out in pain, ump said "you sure you can play?" I said, "no, but I'm going to." I pitched the rest of the game, catching a screaming line-drive between my legs down by my ankle with the injured arm. Batted twice getting one hit while my shoulder screamed at me and threatened to pop back out...Was pinch hit for the next time, then re-entered. Was on deck with 1 out and the winning run on 3rd. I told the batter he better get that run in, cause I had to bat if he didn't. He did. I missed the remainder of the season though.

My wife was not amused when I drove myself home and told her we needed to go to the emergency room...after I had just played 5 more innings after getting hurt...

I messed up my calf in our tournament this year early in the 2nd game and couldn't run at all but we didn't really have extra players (it was 90 plus naturally). The next time I batted I tried to hit a fly ball to drive in a run (it was my push off leg that I injured) hit a weak ground ball and fell down in the batters box only to hit into a double play and my teammates picked me up while they were laughing and asking what I was doing... I pitched the rest of that game and the remaining 2 games while teams intentionally hit back at me; bastards; I did hit one guy in the back trying to double him off first after snaring a line drive right back to me; he glared at me, I just shrugged my shoulders and said "quit hitting at me." The next day I had to umpire 2 baseball games; luckily when I got there I told the guy I had to do the plate cause I could hardly move otherwise.

I'm an idiot when it comes to injuries. My teammates can't get me off the field. I get injured almost every year: Torn hamstring, obligue strain (that is painful), and the above. I can't say I'm all that great a player (I'm a pretty decent pitcher for slow pitch), but I'm ridiculously competitive and when I'm pitching I sometimes tend to lose my mind. I'm either yelling at the ump or yelling at the other team. It's like I morph into some other person; freaky.

Post by Guest January 10th 2013, 3:53 pm

Michael42371 wrote:I dislocated my shoulder and missed 2 games. Couldn't throw but came back to DH, triple (with a slide into 3rd) my first at bat back. I also drove myself to the hospital after the injury.

HAHA. I did the exact same thing playing hockey. Dislocated my right shoulder and drove my standard car to the hospital myself.

Michael42371
    Michael42371
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Michael42371 January 10th 2013, 3:36 pm

I dislocated my shoulder and missed 2 games. Couldn't throw but came back to DH, triple (with a slide into 3rd) my first at bat back. I also drove myself to the hospital after the injury.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich January 10th 2013, 2:42 pm

I've been pretty injury free other than a sprained ankle or jammed finger here or there. Did pull a a quad o few seasons back in softball during a very muddy game running back to first. Luckily it we had the next week off- and didn't miss the next game.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead January 10th 2013, 2:29 pm

You fellers and your surgeries...I have no ligaments in my ankles, once spent a whole month on crutches before I could even push off with my right foot. I don't need surgeries, I just keep on going out there and playing the game! cheers dunno tiphat

Post by Guest January 10th 2013, 2:25 pm

one major shoulder surgery, ruptured achilles, two scopes on my right knee, one on my left.

Only one was hockey related. Mostly baseball.
    Michael42371
    Michael42371
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Michael42371 January 10th 2013, 2:08 pm

I was waiting for a Canadians comment......lol
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead January 10th 2013, 2:03 pm

Whitby wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:
    Whitby wrote:HA! I got you all beat! cheers I have had 4 shoulder operations. 3 on the R, and 1 on the L. Mostly from hockey.

Canadians.... No

polarcanand

Yes...thanks for the picture of "blue" waving a Canadian flag...he could at least wear pants! tongue

Post by Guest January 10th 2013, 1:56 pm

Bumstead wrote:
    Whitby wrote:HA! I got you all beat! cheers I have had 4 shoulder operations. 3 on the R, and 1 on the L. Mostly from hockey.

Canadians.... No

polarcanand
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead January 10th 2013, 1:54 pm

Canadians.... No

Post by Guest January 10th 2013, 1:51 pm

HA! I got you all beat! cheers I have had 4 shoulder operations. 3 on the R, and 1 on the L. Mostly from hockey.

Post by Guest January 10th 2013, 1:49 pm

I dislocated my left shoulder three times in about three years and finally had full surgery, a procedure called a puddy plat along with various tears in the labrum and capsule. Of course, that was 20 years ago.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead January 10th 2013, 1:47 pm

Michael42371 wrote:Torn labrum and another torn tendon by the bicept. Fun Fun, All from a shoulder dislocation from playing soft ball last year....on Rich's team!

That bastard! Funny, I tore my labrum and dislocated my shoulder playing softball 2 years ago...I actually fractured a bone in my shoulder as well. I didn't have surgery (they never suggested it) but the rehab was no fun! It still hurts occasionally but I was back playing again this year.
    Michael42371
    Michael42371
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Michael42371 January 10th 2013, 1:33 pm

Torn labrum and another torn tendon by the bicept. Fun Fun, All from a shoulder dislocation from playing soft ball last year....on Rich's team!
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead January 10th 2013, 1:24 pm

Michael42371 wrote:in game works for me -seems to be fair. One of my other leagues does it and the one draft I did was smooth.

For the most part the draft has been fair. I know I bitched about this draft, I went in thinking my getch list was fine. In the meantime we changed the draft to the forum. I in turn was out of touch due to shoulder surgery. So there was a good chance that at 4:30 yesterday when my pick was due, I may have been passed out on a Percocet high.

It's always best to consume a giant margarita when going on that Percocet high! I hope your shoulder is doing well. Rotator Cuff?
    Michael42371
    Michael42371
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Michael42371 January 10th 2013, 1:17 pm

in game works for me -seems to be fair. One of my other leagues does it and the one draft I did was smooth.

For the most part the draft has been fair. I know I bitched about this draft, I went in thinking my getch list was fine. In the meantime we changed the draft to the forum. I in turn was out of touch due to shoulder surgery. So there was a good chance that at 4:30 yesterday when my pick was due, I may have been passed out on a Percocet high.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead January 10th 2013, 12:41 pm

Rich wrote:Hi Guys-

I think we are going to do future drafts in game going forward. We can talk about it more during the season. We will do it over a couple of days still- submitting lists in Excel each night by 7PM and I'll do it in game. For Example. We will miss 1 sim.

day 1 - Round 1 submit a list of up to 24 players (depending on where you are in the draft) 2

day 2 - Round 2

day 3 - Round 3-5

day 4- The rest of the rounds - 6-end

Let me know what you think/concerns. I'm not happy with the utility and the forum is too difficult for everyone to log in or it willtake too long to do it a couple of hours a night. If you list runs out you get autopicked by the game AI. If you don't submit a list by 7PM - your autopicked by the game AI.

This seems to be the best way- least complicated and equal for all teams. We will have a few months before we have to deal with it again. The pool is released in May (game time) and the draft is the middle of June. So you will have a week or two to get together your list for round 1- 24 guys.

Rich, however you decide to do it, it's fair. The forum has been fair. Everyone was informed and it is pretty simple to follow along. I know I have complained "occasionally" in the past, but the participation and the lack of effort by a large portion of the owners in this draft has lead me to believe that no matter how we do it, somebody is going to call it unfair and bitch about it. Thanks for being so flexible Rich, even though sometimes we accuse you of the opposite.

Jeff
    Tacoma Titans
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich January 10th 2013, 12:32 pm

hopefully - they make a multi day draft in the upcoming version......as some are calling for.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Future draft discussion Empty Future draft discussion

Post by Rich January 10th 2013, 12:30 pm

Hi Guys-

I think we are going to do future drafts in game going forward. We can talk about it more during the season. We will do it over a couple of days still- submitting lists in Excel each night by 7PM and I'll do it in game. For Example. We will miss 1 sim.

day 1 - Round 1 submit a list of up to 24 players (depending on where you are in the draft) 2

day 2 - Round 2

day 3 - Round 3-5

day 4- The rest of the rounds - 6-end

Let me know what you think/concerns. I'm not happy with the utility and the forum is too difficult for everyone to log in or it willtake too long to do it a couple of hours a night. If you list runs out you get autopicked by the game AI. If you don't submit a list by 7PM - your autopicked by the game AI.

This seems to be the best way- least complicated and equal for all teams. We will have a few months before we have to deal with it again. The pool is released in May (game time) and the draft is the middle of June. So you will have a week or two to get together your list for round 1- 24 guys.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 27th 2024, 6:09 am