Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
The rebuilding begins EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
The rebuilding begins EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
The rebuilding begins EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
The rebuilding begins EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
The rebuilding begins EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
The rebuilding begins EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
The rebuilding begins EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
The rebuilding begins EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
The rebuilding begins EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

2 posters

The rebuilding begins

The rebuilding begins Empty The rebuilding begins

Post by Guest November 19th 2015, 8:44 pm

I am considering a new name for Cleveland, the franchises minor leagues & the ball parks & maybe the locations of the minor league teams as well. Although I must say, the Barons does have a ring to it.

Here is a quote I found during my research, about the early Cleveland ball team..

"In 1857 baseball games were a daily spectacle in Cleveland's Public Squares. City authorities tried to find an ordinance forbidding it, to the joy of the crowd, they were unsuccessful." 
    – Harold Seymour

Did you know the first fully professional team was the Cincinnati Red Stockings in 1869, followed by the Cleveland Forest Citys team that same year on the other side of Ohio. The Forest Citys were not successful, with a 16-35 record over two years (teams played once a week) and the team folded after that. 

Progressive Field (Jacobs Field)
    On October 5, 2007, in the eighth inning of a playoff game against the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a swarm of insects believed to be midges from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], enveloped the playing field, distracting relief pitcher [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Chamberlain walked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who later scored the tying run on a wild pitch. The incident became known as the "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]". However, this was not the first time the insects plagued Jacobs Field

Last edited by fielding gem on November 19th 2015, 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Michael42371
    Michael42371
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

The rebuilding begins Empty Re: The rebuilding begins

Post by Michael42371 November 19th 2015, 9:11 pm

Cleveland Spiders

Post by Guest November 19th 2015, 9:21 pm

That does seem correct too, doesn't it. Why does Cleveland evoke dark chit. I've been there a few times, playing in a rock band. Def a rockin town. 

Spiders would make it easy to logo. Reminds me of the band called The Spiders. I actually knew those guys (and one girl) back in the 80s. Out of NYC & a couple of the musicians were from South Africa.

But I think I might go historic. Cleveland Iroquois is on the slate, coz you know, like Indians. One of the minor league teams should be called the Blues so I can put like a guitar logo. What is that IRL, Memphis right.

I have to admit, Michael, your skull logo is one of the best I've seen.
    Michael42371
    Michael42371
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Michael42371 November 19th 2015, 9:27 pm

There was a Spiders team in the late 1800's.  My logo is the actual log from the show Sons of Anarchy, who are located in the fictional town of Charming.

Post by Guest November 20th 2015, 8:06 am

I've got a book about the Cleveland Spiders. They were only in existence for one season and even then, played something like their last 40 games on the road because of no support at home. I'll see if I can dig it out and share some tidbits.
    Michael42371
    Michael42371
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Michael42371 November 20th 2015, 8:12 am

Considered one of the worst seasons by a team. Often debated who was worse, them or the 62 Mets. As a Mets fan, I prefer the 62_Mets. We fans are quite proud on how bad they were.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 20th 2015, 9:28 am

fielding gem wrote:I am considering a new name for Cleveland, the franchises minor leagues & the ball parks & maybe the locations of the minor league teams as well. Although I must say, the Barons does have a ring to it.

Here is a quote I found during my research, about the early Cleveland ball team..

"In 1857 baseball games were a daily spectacle in Cleveland's Public Squares. City authorities tried to find an ordinance forbidding it, to the joy of the crowd, they were unsuccessful." 
    – Harold Seymour

Did you know the first fully professional team was the Cincinnati Red Stockings in 1869, followed by the Cleveland Forest Citys team that same year on the other side of Ohio. The Forest Citys were not successful, with a 16-35 record over two years (teams played once a week) and the team folded after that. 

Progressive Field (Jacobs Field)
    On October 5, 2007, in the eighth inning of a playoff game against the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], a swarm of insects believed to be midges from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], enveloped the playing field, distracting relief pitcher [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Chamberlain walked [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], who later scored the tying run on a wild pitch. The incident became known as the "[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]". However, this was not the first time the insects plagued Jacobs Field
    make sure you have a good scouting director - because they influence how you see players.  He looks pretty good from the html reports....

Post by Guest November 20th 2015, 3:55 pm

Cleveland Barons were a minor league hockey team for many years. 

Cleveland Spiders were one of the original teams at Cleveland in the 1890s, supposedly named because the players were skinny, spindly.

These are gonna be my new names once Rich allows it.

ML    Cleveland Mirage (CLE)                 John Bunyan Stadium
    AAA  Peace Bridge Robins (PBR)            Bridgeway Park
    AA    Oklahoma Seneca (OKL)                Chieftain Stadium
    A       Toledo Mud Hens (no change)       Picadilly Fields
    R       Erie Mohawks (ERI)                        Lake Shore Sports Complex

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 12th 2024, 4:08 am