Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

4 posters

Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM

KMcBride
    KMcBride
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM Empty Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM

Post by KMcBride October 24th 2012, 4:41 pm

Portland Press Herald
    March 24, 2019

Today saw a flurry of significant announcement regarding the Maine Shipwrights baseball club, which has been playing since 2010 as part of the new NABL. It is the latest step in the oddysey which is the history of this franchise. (Editor's Note: PPH reporters are putting together a special report on the history of the franchise over the last 10 years, which will be released in a few days.)

First, the largely invisible Shipwrights ownership group released a written statement saying that one of its members, well-known Lewiston-Auburn businessman George Schott, had reached an agreement to purchase the entire ownership of the team from the rest of the group. "Although we love this baseball team, we wish Mr. Schott well in his endeavor."

Mr. Schott met briefly with the press. "It just seemed," he said, "like this team could benefit from having a visible, tangible owner, rather than a group that lived in the shadows and spoke through representatives." Schott would not elaborate on the events that led to his purchase of the team, and would not disclose the identities of any other member of the coalition.

When asked whether or not he had been satisfied with the ownership group's management of the team, he replied, "No, which is why I am proud to introduce to you the first General Manager of the Shipwrights, Mr. Keith McBride."

The announcement took everyone by surprise. McBride, a resident of Portland, comes home to Maine after spending last season as GM of some team in Canada. We think it was somewhere near Toronto, but we're not really sure. Before leaving, his team and the community begged him to stay, and offered him an endless supply of maple syrup, hockey sticks and poutine. "I was going to stay," McBride joked, "But it turns out that 'poutine' is NOT the French-Canadian word for loose women."

During the press conference, McBride drew a Samurai sword and beheaded a reporter who mistakenly called him "Kevin," and it got awkward for a minute. But otherwise, his message was very positive.

"I have very high expectations," he said. "Our goal is to bring a NABL championship to Maine, and we will pursue that goal vigorously every single season we take the field."

###

Last edited by KMcBride on October 24th 2012, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM Empty Re: Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM

Post by Rich October 24th 2012, 4:44 pm

KMcBride wrote:Portland Press Herald
    March 24, 2019

Today saw two significant announcement regarding the Maine Shipwrights baseball club, set to begin playing in 2020 as part of the new NABL.

First, Shipwrights owner George Schott announced that Portland Maine's own Keith McBride was hired as General Manager. McBride comes home to Maine after spending last season as GM of some team in Canada. We think it was somewhere near Toronto, but we're not really sure. Before leaving, his team and the community begged him to stay, and offered him an endless supply of maple syrup, hockey sticks and poutine. "I was going to stay," McBride joked, "But it turns out that 'poutine' is NOT the French-Canadian word for loose women."

During his tenure north of the border, McBride made it known that he fully intended to bring professional baseball to Maine, even if it meant relocating the Canadian franchise. "In that regard, Mr. Schott and I see eye-to-eye: Maine deserves a great baseball team."

During the press conference, McBride drew a Samurai sword and beheaded a reporter who mistakenly called him "Kevin," and it got awkward for a minute. But otherwise, his message was very positive.

"I have very high expectations," he said. "Our goal is to bring a NABL championship to Maine, and we will pursue that goal vigorously every single season we take the field."

With McBride fully integrated as GM, the team also unveiled its logo. It features a shipwright's axe blade, with a navy blue and green-trimmed "M". The M sits balanced on the blade.

"The shipwright's axe was the premier tool of that trade, and we chose that as the symbol of the franchise," McBride said. "It means strength, hard work, perseverence, and precision. Those are values we will emphasize for every aspect of this organization."

A design for uniforms and hats is currently underway, as is a site location process for the team's stadium, and a location for each of the organization's minor league teams. Municipalities all over Maine are in competition to land one of these facilities, but no one is giving any details on any locations currently under consideration, least of all McBride: "Those announcements are not ready to be made. That's all I can say."

###

nice job- FYI just to clear up.- all the teams will play from 2010 on. Us (Gms will start in 2020). Maybe new owner changes as well.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM Empty Re: Shipwrights Introduce New Owner & GM

Post by Bumstead October 24th 2012, 4:48 pm

Nice article Sir...I forgot what your name is or I am so confused that I don't want to get it wrong...I was going to write an article today but, alas, the "new topic" button disappeared on me again...sigh...
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich October 24th 2012, 4:53 pm

Bumstead wrote:Nice article Sir...I forgot what your name is or I am so confused that I don't want to get it wrong...I was going to write an article today but, alas, the "new topic" button disappeared on me again...sigh...

lol!

I really can't wait to start this!!!
    Det42
    Det42
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Det42 October 24th 2012, 7:05 pm

I probably would've stayed for the poutine, despite the fact that it isn't loose women.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 26th 2024, 10:55 am