Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
Rule V Draft EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
Rule V Draft EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
Rule V Draft EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
Rule V Draft EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
Rule V Draft EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
Rule V Draft EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
Rule V Draft EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
Rule V Draft EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
Rule V Draft EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

3 posters

Rule V Draft

Rule V Draft Empty Re: Rule V Draft

Post by Guest November 2nd 2013, 11:13 pm

I have always taken blame for my mistakes. I have missed plenty of rule 5 deadlines. It sucks when it is not totally your fault.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 2nd 2013, 10:06 pm

joepott wrote:
    KMcBride wrote:This puts me in an awkward position.  I also had a mess up, where my last export didn't take.  I have one guy who I added to my 40 man, but for some reason is still on the draft pool.  I asked Rich to remove him, but with the understanding that there probably wasn't anything that could be done.

I also have one of Joe's guys on my list.  

So, what should I do at this point?  It sucks either way.  I don't want to leave Joe's guy on my list and draft him.  I also don't want to start a trend of teams asking for corrections on the eve of the draft.
    I agree with you 100% Maybe there needs to be an extra sim before the draft for those of us trying to make deals and to give a little wiggle room if something like this happens. Obviously if two of us had the same problem there could have been an error out of our control.
    an extra sim will not always solve anything.  The bad export issue is usually fixed by replacing the dat file.  This is random an can happen at anytime.  The only fix is to make sure you do the roster changes and have 1 more export to check.  The last sim was a 4 day sim.  I actually set the schedule to give everyone an extra day and for the draft to fall on the weekend.  Easier for me on the weekend.  But I had a 2 day dim for free agents, a 6 day sim, then a 7 day, then the for day - so it fell where it was.  

What I can do in the future (everyone remind me) - is maybe pull in the exports after that sim and put the final rosters up on an off day.  But like I said above - if your export fails there, you got the same issue.  To be safe you needed to export on Tuesday and check it took for the Wed and Thurs sims...

The issues we had in the past, had to do with modifying the pool afterwards.  There no way to make everyone happy.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 2nd 2013, 9:57 pm

In the future - (For everyone) Don't wait for the last day to do your 40 man rosters.  I have been on all sides with forgotten exports, busy with life, and failed exports. 

In the future we are keeping to the dates. The main reason why we never did the rule V in AHIBA because it never went smooth and there was always drama in past AHIBA versions and other leagues I'm in. 

But everyone wanted it and for the most part it been running smooth.  Each year there are always some minor issues. There was actually a few teams that has exporting issues or missed protecting players.  

We drafted with the pool as is and lists as is.  I didn't want to skip a player on the list only to have them drafted by a lower team.  If you got a player that you want to give back to the original team- just release them and let me know.  I think it works fine.  If not - the players you drafted are yours.  That being said-

I'd like to say, we handled this issue well.  I try to give everyone a few days notice but everyone should keep track of due dates- because I can't always get reminders out there.  Sometimes these things sneak up on me too.

Post by Guest November 2nd 2013, 9:47 pm

KMcBride wrote:This puts me in an awkward position.  I also had a mess up, where my last export didn't take.  I have one guy who I added to my 40 man, but for some reason is still on the draft pool.  I asked Rich to remove him, but with the understanding that there probably wasn't anything that could be done.

So, what should I do at this point?  It sucks either way.  I don't want to leave Joe's guy on my list and draft him.  I also don't want to start a trend of teams asking for corrections on the eve of the draft.
    I agree with you 100% Maybe there needs to be an extra sim before the draft for those of us trying to make deals and to give a little wiggle room if something like this happens. Obviously if two of us had the same problem there could have been an error out of our control.

Post by Guest November 2nd 2013, 9:46 pm

Tuue wrote:Im fine with it, but I hope it doesnt open up future "mess-ups" to be requested to not take.
     I would not call an export not taking a "mess up". I have previously forgotten to adjust my roster for the rule 5. I take full blame for those mistakes. This time I did adjust my roster.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 2nd 2013, 7:14 pm

I didn't hearvfrom key west or charming, so I'll run the draft later tonight when I get home. My sons football game was canceled tonight. So I can run it tonight.
    KMcBride
    KMcBride
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by KMcBride November 2nd 2013, 4:26 pm

This puts me in an awkward position. I also had a mess up, where my last export didn't take. I have one guy who I added to my 40 man, but for some reason is still on the draft pool. I asked Rich to remove him, but with the understanding that there probably wasn't anything that could be done.

So, what should I do at this point? It sucks either way. I don't want to leave Joe's guy on my list and draft him. I also don't want to start a trend of teams asking for corrections on the eve of the draft.

Post by Guest November 2nd 2013, 10:08 am

Im fine with it, but I hope it doesnt open up future "mess-ups" to be requested to not take.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 2nd 2013, 12:21 am

joepott wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:I don't care if the sim is delayed.  One thing I have learned is that if I am a target and am prodded in a forum then I am best to just not respond.  Really though, what would I complain about?  Joe makes this "mistake" every 3rd year anyway.  I will revise my list but his players will get taken anyway.  I made sure my players were protected...not that I have many...I do find it comical that we are going to wait and see if 20 more teams say it is OK to delay the sim one day...20 teams are not responding to any message ever via e-mail or on any forum... I, however, as a single owner, am fine with a delayed sim.
    If everybody doesn't agree just put my guys back on the list because then we both get screwed. I might as well make my AAA your ML team.
    I only had 1 of them and I already removed him.  I'm not changing it again.

Post by Guest November 2nd 2013, 12:17 am

Bumstead wrote:I don't care if the sim is delayed.  One thing I have learned is that if I am a target and am prodded in a forum then I am best to just not respond.  Really though, what would I complain about?  Joe makes this "mistake" every 3rd year anyway.  I will revise my list but his players will get taken anyway.  I made sure my players were protected...not that I have many...I do find it comical that we are going to wait and see if 20 more teams say it is OK to delay the sim one day...20 teams are not responding to any message ever via e-mail or on any forum... I, however, as a single owner, am fine with a delayed sim.
    If everybody doesn't agree just put my guys back on the list because then we both get screwed. I might as well make my AAA your ML team.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead November 2nd 2013, 12:08 am

I don't care if the sim is delayed.  One thing I have learned is that if I am a target and am prodded in a forum then I am best to just not respond.  Really though, what would I complain about?  Joe makes this "mistake" every 3rd year anyway.  I will revise my list but his players will get taken anyway.  I made sure my players were protected...not that I have many...I do find it comical that we are going to wait and see if 20 more teams say it is OK to delay the sim one day...20 teams are not responding to any message ever via e-mail or on any forum... I, however, as a single owner, am fine with a delayed sim.

Post by Guest November 1st 2013, 10:32 pm

missy doesn't care.

Post by Guest November 1st 2013, 9:26 pm

Rich wrote:
    joepott wrote:As I said in my response to you what are the chances we get 24 to respond? I am going with no way in hell, but I will try.
    i would suggest email- so you know they get it.  I'm not pulling in exports til after the draft and we did get a bunch of teams that exported today- so maybe they will be ok with it.  Palin will complain either way affraid
    Palin has been noticeably absent since he begged we go to forums...I am sure he will find something to bitch about.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 1st 2013, 9:25 pm

joepott wrote:As I said in my response to you what are the chances we get 24 to respond? I am going with no way in hell, but I will try.
    i would suggest email- so you know they get it.  I'm not pulling in exports til after the draft and we did get a bunch of teams that exported today- so maybe they will be ok with it.  Palin will complain either way affraid

Post by Guest November 1st 2013, 9:22 pm

As I said in my response to you what are the chances we get 24 to respond? I am going with no way in hell, but I will try.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 1st 2013, 9:20 pm

joepott wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    joepott wrote:Due to the fact that I won the World Series and have a Top 5 system I think I am managing my roster. I also have been checking the forums almost everyday for the past couple weeks.The problem was I got hit by arbitration and have been trying to make deals. I take full responsibility for the last two rule 5 drafts but I exported at 6PM last night after I got home from work. I was not expecting any deadlines to be changed on my behalf, however, I was just asking for the other GM's to extend me a courtesy because this was not my fault. It is things like this that end up pissing me off. You work hard to build up your team and then something you have no control over can end up screwing you.
    it too confusing and a pain i the ass to adjust the pool after the fact.  They could pm to remove the players from the submitted sheets or submit new ones.  So everyone knows- there are no exceptions to the rule v after the fact.
     I know it is breaking the rules but considering I gave you the 4 names would it really be that hard? The other problem is if I PM the ones that did send a list and some remove the guys and others don't the GM that did removed them will also get screwed. I guess I can only hope that people read the forums and feel generous.
    exactly- thats why I'm not going to do that.  I pm'd you.  The best bet would be to delay the draft and allow one more export - if you can get all the teams to agree.  I'm fine with that.  I think Main has ab issue too- But again- we need 24 oks.  North Shore is fine with that.

Post by Guest November 1st 2013, 9:15 pm

Rich wrote:
    joepott wrote:Due to the fact that I won the World Series and have a Top 5 system I think I am managing my roster. I also have been checking the forums almost everyday for the past couple weeks.The problem was I got hit by arbitration and have been trying to make deals. I take full responsibility for the last two rule 5 drafts but I exported at 6PM last night after I got home from work. I was not expecting any deadlines to be changed on my behalf, however, I was just asking for the other GM's to extend me a courtesy because this was not my fault. It is things like this that end up pissing me off. You work hard to build up your team and then something you have no control over can end up screwing you.
    it too confusing and a pain i the ass to adjust the pool after the fact.  They could pm to remove the players from the submitted sheets or submit new ones.  So everyone knows- there are no exceptions to the rule v after the fact.
     I know it is breaking the rules but considering I gave you the 4 names would it really be that hard? The other problem is if I PM the ones that did send a list and some remove the guys and others don't the GM that did removed them will also get screwed. I guess I can only hope that people read the forums and feel generous.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 1st 2013, 9:09 pm

joepott wrote:I don't know of a way to mass PM people or I would. Being that I don't know who people put on their list it would be hard for me to do that. That is why I posted in the forum with the 4 names I had moved to me 40 man roster. Knowing how many people actually check the forums, I already knew this was going to fall on few ears, or eyes in this case. This is one of those times I wished we used email. I need every young talent on my team because nobody on my team will negotiate with me.
    you can mass pm on the forum.  just hit the plus and add everyone.

Post by Guest November 1st 2013, 9:05 pm

I don't know of a way to mass PM people or I would. Being that I don't know who people put on their list it would be hard for me to do that. That is why I posted in the forum with the 4 names I had moved to me 40 man roster. Knowing how many people actually check the forums, I already knew this was going to fall on few ears, or eyes in this case. This is one of those times I wished we used email. I need every young talent on my team because nobody on my team will negotiate with me.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 1st 2013, 8:58 pm

Post by Guest November 1st 2013, 8:49 pm

Due to the fact that I won the World Series and have a Top 5 system I think I am managing my roster. I also have been checking the forums almost everyday for the past couple weeks.The problem was I got hit by arbitration and have been trying to make deals. I take full responsibility for the last two rule 5 drafts but I exported at 6PM last night after I got home from work. I was not expecting any deadlines to be changed on my behalf, however, I was just asking for the other GM's to extend me a courtesy because this was not my fault. It is things like this that end up pissing me off. You work hard to build up your team and then something you have no control over can end up screwing you.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich November 1st 2013, 8:35 pm

joepott wrote:Guys,

I set my roster last night and it did not take. I know you don't have to but I am asking that you guys would not take my guys. The guys in question are RF Jeff Ramsey, SP Cristo Lopez,SP Adam Hayes, and CF Julien Floch. I know just asking this is drawing targets on them and giving a reason for Palin to steal my guys. Thanks in advance!!

Joe Potts
    Joe the deadline was 7pm yesterday.  I'm not sure if what happened but the last export on the server before the one today was 11/12 gamed date. Which is Tuesday.  We are strictly keeping to deadlines and its the GMs responsibility to make sure things get done.  Every draft there gonna to be people with issues.  That being said- A bunch of teams already sent in list and I'm not going to skip any players. 

So the teams who haven't submitted lists yet may leave those players off or not (the pool in the game is the final pool).  The team that have submitted lists already can send down the players if they wish and they will do back to Denver or keep them- its up to them.  

My suggestion would be to manage your 40 man roster throughout the year and/or not wait til the last minute.  Leave yourself a sim to make your changes go through.

Rule V Draft Empty Rule V Draft

Post by Guest November 1st 2013, 6:00 pm

Guys,

I set my roster last night and it did not take. I know you don't have to but I am asking that you guys would not take my guys. The guys in question are RF Jeff Ramsey, SP Cristo Lopez,SP Adam Hayes, and CF Julien Floch. I know just asking this is drawing targets on them and giving a reason for Palin to steal my guys. Thanks in advance!!

Joe Potts

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is May 6th 2024, 1:53 pm