Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
June 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
May 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
May 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
April 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
March 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
March 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
March 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
March 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
March 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None


Most users ever online was 53 on October 7th 2015, 4:46 pm


Predictions - 2026

Share
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Predictions - 2026

Post by Rich on October 28th 2014, 9:06 am

Start of Spring Training





Last edited by Rich on October 31st 2014, 6:36 am; edited 1 time in total


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Rich on October 28th 2014, 9:10 am

The predictions are in for 2026 - looks like the AI has Death Valley with another big season.  Chicago and Portland winning their divisions.

In the East we have Whitby, Hartford, and Savannah.

We will see how the real season plays out.


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Guest
Guest

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Guest on October 28th 2014, 4:17 pm

Run them again at the end of spring training and you should see a different and perhaps more accurate prediction.
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 49
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Bumstead on October 28th 2014, 11:46 pm

Blue wrote:Run them again at the end of spring training and you should see a different and perhaps more accurate prediction.

+1 too early and some of us aren't playing our starters everyday.
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Rich on October 29th 2014, 9:00 am

Blue wrote:Run them again at the end of spring training and you should see a different and perhaps more accurate prediction.
agreed- not sure if I can run them.  The html appears at first ST game- I didn't generate them.  I'm not sure where this is in the game either.  I usually look at it quick each spring.  Its not very accurate - from what i remember.  I look more to see what players the game thinks will have a big year.  I wanted to compare these to the final standings and see.  If I can I will run them again at the end.


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Rich on October 29th 2014, 9:00 am

Bumstead wrote:
Blue wrote:Run them again at the end of spring training and you should see a different and perhaps more accurate prediction.

+1 too early and some of us aren't playing our starters everyday.
its game generated- not sure I can change anything about when its run.


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 49
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Bumstead on October 29th 2014, 3:14 pm

Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:
Blue wrote:Run them again at the end of spring training and you should see a different and perhaps more accurate prediction.

+1 too early and some of us aren't playing our starters everyday.
its game generated- not sure I can change anything about when its run.

Interesting.  When I run a dynasty it runs the "morning" the season starts...also interesting that Tacoma is projected to be 10 games under .500 and projected to outscore their opponents...I guess that whole runs for and runs against thing isn't much of a predictor afterall... cheers bounce Rolling Eyes scratch bsflag yay
avatar
WhoDat
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 283
Join date : 2012-10-13
Location : Ewing, NJ

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by WhoDat on October 29th 2014, 5:30 pm

Not that it needs to be run again, looks good to me  Very Happy but I do think it is run again when we reach opening day.  I think the first time it is run is when the commish goes into the screen but I'm pretty sure it gets run again on opening day.  Though one issue is it doesn't seem to get upload right with the HTML.  I have had to manually upload it in the tMBU.  We will see come opening day.
avatar
Rosco70
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 56
Join date : 2014-01-29
Location : Scotland

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Rosco70 on October 29th 2014, 7:41 pm

I'd be happy with those predictions too but I think it's slightly overestimating my pitching, I don't think Willard Newcomb is suddenly going to turn into an ace at 33.
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Rich on October 31st 2014, 6:37 am

Opening Day - updated predictions.  Looks like they did change.  So I'll wait for opening day to post this next season.




_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 49
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Bumstead on October 31st 2014, 8:26 am

hmmm...I thought we stopped like 1 day before opening day so that players didn't get that 1 day of service time...I put even less likely players to play this week...clearly Mark's and Joe Pott's teams are overrated, but we shall see....if my dregs can be within 10 games of .500, just think of the awesomeness of my starters...


20 games under .500 is my guess...nah...I think we will beat that projection but I'm not going to get over-confident.  I have been known to be a year early in my expectations before.  

HONU SUCK!   cheers bounce

yay Enjoy your trips to Nice Titans Field this year everyone!

Bum
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Rich on October 31st 2014, 8:57 am

Bumstead wrote:hmmm...I thought we stopped like 1 day before opening day so that players didn't get that 1 day of service time...I put even less likely players to play this week...clearly Mark's and Joe Pott's teams are overrated, but we shall see....if my dregs can be within 10 games of .500, just think of the awesomeness of my starters...


20 games under .500 is my guess...nah...I think we will beat that projection but I'm not going to get over-confident.  I have been known to be a year early in my expectations before.  

HONU SUCK!   cheers bounce

yay Enjoy your trips to Nice Titans Field this year everyone!

Bum
we got no offense and the owner won't let me do anything.....but if I can get some hitters, we should be good.


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
WhoDat
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 283
Join date : 2012-10-13
Location : Ewing, NJ

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by WhoDat on October 31st 2014, 9:22 am

I have found it works best to sim to the day before opening day because anyone on the active roster on opening day gets charged 1 day's service time even though they get sent down before that day's games.  Also, the season predictions are run on opening day so if you stop the day before then when the predictions are run it is with the opening day 25-man rosters/lineups. Of course some teams will neglect reducing their rosters to 25 because at that point the game still says you can have 60.

Neither issue is huge but to some those service days are big.

Guest
Guest

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Guest on October 31st 2014, 9:37 am

WhoDat wrote:I have found it works best to sim to the day before opening day because anyone on the active roster on opening day gets charged 1 day's service time even though they get sent down before that day's games.  Also, the season predictions are run on opening day so if you stop the day before then when the predictions are run it is with the opening day 25-man rosters/lineups. Of course some teams will neglect reducing their rosters to 25 because at that point the game still says you can have 60.

Neither issue is huge but to some those service days are big.

At least I got to release and return my crappy rule V picks without eating their salary Smile
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 49
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Bumstead on October 31st 2014, 2:02 pm

PelicansGM wrote:
WhoDat wrote:I have found it works best to sim to the day before opening day because anyone on the active roster on opening day gets charged 1 day's service time even though they get sent down before that day's games.  Also, the season predictions are run on opening day so if you stop the day before then when the predictions are run it is with the opening day 25-man rosters/lineups. Of course some teams will neglect reducing their rosters to 25 because at that point the game still says you can have 60.

Neither issue is huge but to some those service days are big.

At least I got to release and return my crappy rule V picks without eating their salary Smile

I have a motto: Don't make crappy Rule V picks.
I have a 2nd motto: Never draft more than 1 Rule V guy.  There's a reason they Rule V eligible...unless they are Joe Pott's players of course...
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 49
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Bumstead on October 31st 2014, 2:03 pm

Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:hmmm...I thought we stopped like 1 day before opening day so that players didn't get that 1 day of service time...I put even less likely players to play this week...clearly Mark's and Joe Pott's teams are overrated, but we shall see....if my dregs can be within 10 games of .500, just think of the awesomeness of my starters...


20 games under .500 is my guess...nah...I think we will beat that projection but I'm not going to get over-confident.  I have been known to be a year early in my expectations before.  

HONU SUCK!   cheers bounce

yay Enjoy your trips to Nice Titans Field this year everyone!

Bum
we got no offense and the owner won't let me do anything.....but if I can get some hitters, we should be good.

I had offensive players available...you can read offensive any way you want... scratch  cheers
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 49
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Bumstead on October 31st 2014, 2:06 pm

Good to see you posting Mark.  I hope all is well with you.  Take it easy on the Titans this year!
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Rich on October 31st 2014, 3:02 pm

WhoDat wrote:I have found it works best to sim to the day before opening day because anyone on the active roster on opening day gets charged 1 day's service time even though they get sent down before that day's games.  Also, the season predictions are run on opening day so if you stop the day before then when the predictions are run it is with the opening day 25-man rosters/lineups. Of course some teams will neglect reducing their rosters to 25 because at that point the game still says you can have 60.

Neither issue is huge but to some those service days are big.
yeah- i used to do that but as you said- teams didn't fix there rosters and I got sick of fixing them and hearing complaints....


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Rich on October 31st 2014, 3:06 pm

Bumstead wrote:
Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:hmmm...I thought we stopped like 1 day before opening day so that players didn't get that 1 day of service time...I put even less likely players to play this week...clearly Mark's and Joe Pott's teams are overrated, but we shall see....if my dregs can be within 10 games of .500, just think of the awesomeness of my starters...


20 games under .500 is my guess...nah...I think we will beat that projection but I'm not going to get over-confident.  I have been known to be a year early in my expectations before.  

HONU SUCK!   cheers bounce

yay Enjoy your trips to Nice Titans Field this year everyone!

Bum
we got no offense and the owner won't let me do anything.....but if I can get some hitters, we should be good.

I had offensive players available...you can read offensive any way you want... scratch  cheers
I don't have much minors to trade.  3 or 4 of my starters went to crap.  3B Matt Penton, CF Lebeavois, and 3B Wes Lowell seemed to take hits this off season.


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
WhoDat
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 283
Join date : 2012-10-13
Location : Ewing, NJ

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by WhoDat on October 31st 2014, 6:48 pm

Bumstead wrote:Good to see you posting Mark.  I hope all is well with you.  Take it easy on the Titans this year!

Thanks...yea things are fine, settled down in the last few weeks......
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Rich on November 5th 2014, 4:04 pm

4/8 - Sim #2 preview




_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Rich on November 5th 2014, 4:07 pm

4/15 Sim #3 Preview

TBD


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Re: Predictions - 2026

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is January 20th 2018, 1:37 am