Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
June 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
May 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
May 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
April 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
March 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
March 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
March 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
March 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
March 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None


Most users ever online was 53 on October 7th 2015, 4:46 pm


International players

Share
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: International players

Post by Rich on August 8th 2014, 11:11 pm

joepott wrote:
Rich wrote:
joepott wrote:wtf1 I don't know how I got involved in this conversation, but I will gladly pay an extra $1 a month to get texts? I pay Palin a little more, but his texts are on the racy side. yay <---Palin's real identity.
sign up with Jeff- but I think you may miss some stuff

I actually am appalled by that comment. Jeff is the best secretary ever!!!
well I change my mind- 2 votes for Jeff as league secretary.


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Guest
Guest

Re: International players

Post by Guest on August 8th 2014, 8:55 pm

Rich wrote:
joepott wrote:wtf1 I don't know how I got involved in this conversation, but I will gladly pay an extra $1 a month to get texts? I pay Palin a little more, but his texts are on the racy side. yay <---Palin's real identity.
sign up with Jeff- but I think you may miss some stuff

I actually am appalled by that comment. Jeff is the best secretary ever!!!
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: International players

Post by Rich on August 7th 2014, 8:56 am

joepott wrote:wtf1 I don't know how I got involved in this conversation, but I will gladly pay an extra $1 a month to get texts? I pay Palin a little more, but his texts are on the racy side. yay <---Palin's real identity.
sign up with Jeff- but I think you may miss some stuff


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Guest
Guest

Re: International players

Post by Guest on August 7th 2014, 1:47 am

wtf1 I don't know how I got involved in this conversation, but I will gladly pay an extra $1 a month to get texts? I pay Palin a little more, but his texts are on the racy side. yay <---Palin's real identity.
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 50
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: International players

Post by Bumstead on August 6th 2014, 10:38 am

Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:It was a suggestion but I guess since it came from me it is irrelevant. A one sentence post or email is all it would take. Teams spent $10-$15M on these players. Again, this is something that benefits the higher budget teams, but all I asked for was a group email or post in the forum...crazy I guess...

Keep on keeping on man.

PS: I can give you my number if you would like to text me. I have provided texts to Potts in the past about the draft & such.
you guys can text each other if that helps.  The events are listed in the game.  Anything else is extra -

I don't help him anymore. He could never figure out how to check the correct box in StatsLab....

So...by extra...you want me to send you $1? I am happy to help as I have previously.  I am sorry I started this topic poorly and also if you are having a bad week. I really just wanted to make a suggestion. 

Maybe Potts would send out the 1 line reminder...
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: International players

Post by Rich on August 6th 2014, 10:21 am

Bumstead wrote:It was a suggestion but I guess since it came from me it is irrelevant. A one sentence post or email is all it would take. Teams spent $10-$15M on these players. Again, this is something that benefits the higher budget teams, but all I asked for was a group email or post in the forum...crazy I guess...

Keep on keeping on man.

PS: I can give you my number if you would like to text me. I have provided texts to Potts in the past about the draft & such.
you guys can text each other if that helps.  The events are listed in the game.  Anything else is extra -


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 50
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: International players

Post by Bumstead on August 6th 2014, 10:07 am

It was a suggestion but I guess since it came from me it is irrelevant. A one sentence post or email is all it would take. Teams spent $10-$15M on these players. Again, this is something that benefits the higher budget teams, but all I asked for was a group email or post in the forum...crazy I guess...

Keep on keeping on man.

PS: I can give you my number if you would like to text me. I have provided texts to Potts in the past about the draft & such.
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: International players

Post by Rich on August 6th 2014, 9:58 am

Bumstead wrote:Guess ideas for improvements and better communication have now gone to North Korea.

Comical.

Hey, I just realized something. I have a job too! Is that a coincidence or what?!!? I mean I don't get to live with my family but I do have a job. I mean, are you as surprised as me about this development? I was sure I was the only one...
If your strapped from time- maybe check the events in the software instead of posting a complaint.  I don't have the time to text you every time there is a sim.


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 50
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: International players

Post by Bumstead on August 6th 2014, 7:58 am

Guess ideas for improvements and better communication have now gone to North Korea.

Comical.

Hey, I just realized something. I have a job too! Is that a coincidence or what?!!? I mean I don't get to live with my family but I do have a job. I mean, are you as surprised as me about this development? I was sure I was the only one...
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: International players

Post by Rich on August 6th 2014, 7:53 am

Bumstead wrote:If you are my Secretary, I have some other things I need you to, uh, take care of.

Whatever, guess we are a little sensitive about the fact that I have a point.

Take care.
You have no point- your job is to run your team.  My job is to run mine and sim games.  If you can't check the forum schedule, news ticker, or the in game events- that's your problem.  All you need is listed in the game.


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 50
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: International players

Post by Bumstead on August 6th 2014, 6:52 am

If you are my Secretary, I have some other things I need you to, uh, take care of.

Whatever, guess we are a little sensitive about the fact that I have a point.

Take care.
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: International players

Post by Rich on August 6th 2014, 5:53 am

Bumstead wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:It's your own fault if you haven't seen this once since May 24th, or check back once a week for updates. Probably why you were never provided a "real answer".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Sat May 24, 2014 5:17 pm
Sim #1 Sun 6/29 4/1 - 4/7 Opening Day
Sim #2 Wed 7/2  4/8 - 4/14
Sim #3 Fri    7/4  4/15 - 4/21
Sim #4 Sun   7/6  4/22 - 4/28
Sim #5 Wed   7/9  4/29 - 5/5  Draft pool revealed
Sim #6 Fri     7/11  5/6 - 5/12
Sim #7 Sun   7/13  5/13 - 5/19
Sim #8 Wed   7/16  5/20 - 5/26
Sim #9 Fri     7/18  5/27 - 6/2
Sim #10 Sun    7/20  6/3 - 6/9
Sim #11 Wed   7/23  6/10 - 6/15  Player Draft
No Sim Fri 7/25 Completion/draft process
Sim #12 Sun 7/27    6/16 - 6/22 All star Game
Sim #13 Wed 7/30   6/23 - 6/29
Sim #14 Fri 8/1       6/30 -7/6 Intl free agency begins
Sim #15 Sun 8/3     7/7 - 7/13
Sim #16 Wed 8/6    7/14 - 7/20
Sim #17 Fri 8/8       7/21 - 7/27
Sim #18 Sun 8/10    7/28 - 8/3 trade Deadline
Sim #19 Wed 8/13  8/4 - 8/10
Sim #20 Fri 8/15     8/11 - 8/17
Sim #21 Sun 8/17    8/18 - 8/24
Sim #22 Wed 8/20   8/25 - 8/31
Sim #23 Fri 8/22      9/1 - 9/7 Roster expansion
Don't read SIM schedule outside the off-season. Is the SIM schedule the only way you know about the draft, opening day, rule 5, etc? This seems to rate of higher importance than the SIM schedule post. Thanks for the holier than thou reply...always appreciated.
your welcome- I'm not your secretary, I have a job.  Thanks!


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 50
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: International players

Post by Bumstead on August 5th 2014, 4:59 pm

PelicansGM wrote:It's your own fault if you haven't seen this once since May 24th, or check back once a week for updates. Probably why you were never provided a "real answer".

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Sat May 24, 2014 5:17 pm
Sim #1 Sun 6/29 4/1 - 4/7 Opening Day
Sim #2 Wed 7/2  4/8 - 4/14
Sim #3 Fri    7/4  4/15 - 4/21
Sim #4 Sun   7/6  4/22 - 4/28
Sim #5 Wed   7/9  4/29 - 5/5  Draft pool revealed
Sim #6 Fri     7/11  5/6 - 5/12
Sim #7 Sun   7/13  5/13 - 5/19
Sim #8 Wed   7/16  5/20 - 5/26
Sim #9 Fri     7/18  5/27 - 6/2
Sim #10 Sun    7/20  6/3 - 6/9
Sim #11 Wed   7/23  6/10 - 6/15  Player Draft
No Sim Fri 7/25 Completion/draft process
Sim #12 Sun 7/27    6/16 - 6/22 All star Game
Sim #13 Wed 7/30   6/23 - 6/29
Sim #14 Fri 8/1       6/30 -7/6 Intl free agency begins
Sim #15 Sun 8/3     7/7 - 7/13
Sim #16 Wed 8/6    7/14 - 7/20
Sim #17 Fri 8/8       7/21 - 7/27
Sim #18 Sun 8/10    7/28 - 8/3 trade Deadline
Sim #19 Wed 8/13  8/4 - 8/10
Sim #20 Fri 8/15     8/11 - 8/17
Sim #21 Sun 8/17    8/18 - 8/24
Sim #22 Wed 8/20   8/25 - 8/31
Sim #23 Fri 8/22      9/1 - 9/7 Roster expansion
Don't read SIM schedule outside the off-season. Is the SIM schedule the only way you know about the draft, opening day, rule 5, etc? This seems to rate of higher importance than the SIM schedule post. Thanks for the holier than thou reply...always appreciated.

Guest
Guest

Re: International players

Post by Guest on August 5th 2014, 4:38 pm

It's your own fault if you haven't seen this once since May 24th, or check back once a week for updates. Probably why you were never provided a "real answer".

2025 Season Schedule
 by Rich on Sat May 24, 2014 5:17 pm
Sim #1 Sun 6/29 4/1 - 4/7 Opening Day
Sim #2 Wed 7/2  4/8 - 4/14
Sim #3 Fri    7/4  4/15 - 4/21
Sim #4 Sun   7/6  4/22 - 4/28
Sim #5 Wed   7/9  4/29 - 5/5  Draft pool revealed
Sim #6 Fri     7/11  5/6 - 5/12
Sim #7 Sun   7/13  5/13 - 5/19
Sim #8 Wed   7/16  5/20 - 5/26
Sim #9 Fri     7/18  5/27 - 6/2
Sim #10 Sun    7/20  6/3 - 6/9
Sim #11 Wed   7/23  6/10 - 6/15  Player Draft
No Sim Fri 7/25 Completion/draft process
Sim #12 Sun 7/27    6/16 - 6/22 All star Game
Sim #13 Wed 7/30   6/23 - 6/29
Sim #14 Fri 8/1       6/30 -7/6 Intl free agency begins
Sim #15 Sun 8/3     7/7 - 7/13
Sim #16 Wed 8/6    7/14 - 7/20
Sim #17 Fri 8/8       7/21 - 7/27
Sim #18 Sun 8/10    7/28 - 8/3 trade Deadline
Sim #19 Wed 8/13  8/4 - 8/10
Sim #20 Fri 8/15     8/11 - 8/17
Sim #21 Sun 8/17    8/18 - 8/24
Sim #22 Wed 8/20   8/25 - 8/31
Sim #23 Fri 8/22      9/1 - 9/7 Roster expansion
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 50
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: International players

Post by Bumstead on August 4th 2014, 8:20 pm

Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:
Rich wrote:yes- we have nothing against that.  I think that is fine because its straight money. This is newer feature.

Why is there no announcement when these players become available???  We announce the draft, free agency, opening day...but not international signing...Did I miss the announcement?  As much money as I saw a few teams spend it seems like this is bigger than the draft, but it's somehow hidden from those of us not tied to our computers hourly?  How many seasons have we had this and I have never known one time when it is...

and interest wanes again.  Same teams keep getting richer.
its in the game, forum schedule, and I put it in the announcements at the top.  There is not more I can do.  This was with ootp14 I believe.  You knew about this- you where complaining about the Int free agents a few months back.
  
I was "complaining" about the guys my scout signs...not the free agents...I am at a loss as to how that comment is even relevant to this issue as they aren't even related topics, other than both sets of players are foreign...I guess if you need to take a shot at me instead of providing a real answer, then that is up to you.  We go balls out announcing everything else with e-mails and such and for this just a whisper in the sim e-mail.  Who reads that?  Seems to me that if people are spending $10-$15M in total for these guys that it's not too much to ask that there is some sort of mention of it, other than burying it in the sim e-mail...feel free to ignore the topic and take further shots though, if you feel that will somehow deal with the topic.  I guess you got one chuckle...

Guest
Guest

Re: International players

Post by Guest on August 4th 2014, 8:51 am

Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:
Rich wrote:yes- we have nothing against that.  I think that is fine because its straight money. This is newer feature.

Why is there no announcement when these players become available???  We announce the draft, free agency, opening day...but not international signing...Did I miss the announcement?  As much money as I saw a few teams spend it seems like this is bigger than the draft, but it's somehow hidden from those of us not tied to our computers hourly?  How many seasons have we had this and I have never known one time when it is...

and interest wanes again.  Same teams keep getting richer.
its in the game, forum schedule, and I put it in the announcements at the top.  There is not more I can do.  This was with ootp14 I believe.  You knew about this- you where complaining about the Int free agents a few months back.

Lol
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: International players

Post by Rich on August 4th 2014, 8:37 am

Bumstead wrote:
Rich wrote:yes- we have nothing against that.  I think that is fine because its straight money. This is newer feature.

Why is there no announcement when these players become available???  We announce the draft, free agency, opening day...but not international signing...Did I miss the announcement?  As much money as I saw a few teams spend it seems like this is bigger than the draft, but it's somehow hidden from those of us not tied to our computers hourly?  How many seasons have we had this and I have never known one time when it is...

and interest wanes again.  Same teams keep getting richer.
its in the game, forum schedule, and I put it in the announcements at the top.  There is not more I can do.  This was with ootp14 I believe.  You knew about this- you where complaining about the Int free agents a few months back.


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
avatar
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Posts : 518
Join date : 2012-10-12
Age : 50
Location : Valparaiso, IN

Re: International players

Post by Bumstead on August 3rd 2014, 10:24 pm

Rich wrote:yes- we have nothing against that.  I think that is fine because its straight money. This is newer feature.

Why is there no announcement when these players become available???  We announce the draft, free agency, opening day...but not international signing...Did I miss the announcement?  As much money as I saw a few teams spend it seems like this is bigger than the draft, but it's somehow hidden from those of us not tied to our computers hourly?  How many seasons have we had this and I have never known one time when it is...

and interest wanes again.  Same teams keep getting richer.
avatar
Rich
Commish

Posts : 5625
Join date : 2012-10-12
Location : Long Island NY

Re: International players

Post by Rich on August 2nd 2014, 7:36 am

yes- we have nothing against that.  I think that is fine because its straight money. This is newer feature.


_________________
Richard J. Rutkowski
North Shore Honu
2020-Present
.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Guest
Guest

International players

Post by Guest on August 1st 2014, 8:04 pm

Are we allowed to offer a contract with signing bonus?

Sponsored content

Re: International players

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is June 19th 2018, 1:08 am