Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
June 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
May 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
May 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
April 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
March 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
March 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
March 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
March 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
March 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 53 on October 7th 2015, 4:46 pm

2025 Ammy Draft poll (Important)

Poll

Should we run the rest of the draft in game?

[ 7 ]
100% [100%] 
[ 0 ]
0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 7

Re: 2025 Ammy Draft poll (Important)

Post by Guest on July 31st 2014, 12:54 am

I don't think that was the issue we have older players that started the league with fully developed major league contracts. The issue is Super 2 takes the top 22% in experience and there were only around 17% above 2 years 0 days so all of them ended up being added as super 2's because they tied.
Rich
Commish

Post by Rich on July 30th 2014, 8:00 pm

Snarf054 wrote:My other league just started with 15 and so far we've had a couple problems. First problem was that with our league only being two seasons old everyone with 2 years of service became eligible for super 2 arbitration. Can't fault the game for that really. The other quirk is a few players that were compensation eligible free agents in 14 are not in 15.

My best hope for the draft is now that OOTP is on Steam they add the ability to do a live draft from inside OOTP. Just make your list in game and let it run through Steam. We use Statslab and have had issues and my other league uses BNN and we've had issues with it as well so an in game option would be great.
sounds like you woped out history in that league.  We did that in AHIBA league (our last league) and had the same issues.  If you don't wipe the history it should be staggered.  When you don't wipe out history you can draft over the salary cap- so you can't win Smile

.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Post by Guest on July 27th 2014, 2:19 pm

My other league just started with 15 and so far we've had a couple problems. First problem was that with our league only being two seasons old everyone with 2 years of service became eligible for super 2 arbitration. Can't fault the game for that really. The other quirk is a few players that were compensation eligible free agents in 14 are not in 15.

My best hope for the draft is now that OOTP is on Steam they add the ability to do a live draft from inside OOTP. Just make your list in game and let it run through Steam. We use Statslab and have had issues and my other league uses BNN and we've had issues with it as well so an in game option would be great.
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead on July 25th 2014, 10:12 am

Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:
Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:
Rich wrote:
KMcBride wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote: You would have til after the sim on the 23rd to set your lists in game.

What happened to this?
My apologies- I wasn't clear.  I sent out an email on the 17th- to have the lists updated for the 7/23 sim.  Looks like i left out sim, which may of caused some confusion.

Those who voted/answered are fine with drafting the rest of the Ammy draft in game.  So we will finish the third round today and the the rest of the rounds will be in game.  Please make sure you list is updated (in game) for the 7/23/14. I'll run it on the 23rd.
Gotchya. I didn't get that email, but I'm not too concerned with it. Annoyed that I traded for a 4th round pick and couldn't draft it though, lol.
let me check my email list and make sure your on it.

Check if he's on the e-mail list if you want, but in multiple places we were told that the draft would be run AFTER the 7/23 sim.  I'm in the same boat:  traded for a 4th rounder.  I felt stupid because I thought maybe I was the only one who got the wrong impression about when the draft would be run, but it looks like I'm not.   

Although . . . I have to say . . .  I'm sorta okay with how my draft turned out, so I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.  I would only ask that the Commish please be clearer in the future about the schedule.
I'll def be clearer.  In the schedule I was talking about when the game hits the draft.  I can't do anything with the draft in game til we are on the draft.  Which was after the 7/23 sim.  I was on the fence of whether I could complete the draft in the AM- but I wasn't clear about when exports where due.

I think I will schedule in in game drafts starting next year.  We will do rounds 1-3 in statslab, then 4-6 in game, and 7-10 in game.  Unless the drafts change I don't see us doing 5 rounds live anymore.  Don't want to do it all in game for the whole draft-

Rich

Don't feel compelled to list to teams from Maine...Or teams that traded for 4th round picks... cheers  or teams with logos of guys in "muscle" shirts... mutt 

That is all.... yay
the biggest issue is statslab not emailing updates.  otherwise I would just let it run through.  I don't feel like babysitting and emailing everyone for 10 rounds.

eh...it's a pain to go to your in-game list and try to figure out who has been taken and who hasn't.  I'm not putting a list of 150 players into Stats Lab originally.  So if we are going to sim while we draft it just makes it a pain in the buttocks.  Took me forever to find a guy for the 3rd round.  Thought I did alright, but still, there should be an easier way.  If not, even if the e-mail function worked it wouldn't be productive to draft on Stats Lab.  Unless...we stopped simming during the draft.  Nobody wants to, so I see no reason to draft more than 3 rounds live.  It's just not worth the trouble when I have a list in-game and now I have to figure out who everyone else has taken and then...it would work just fine in-game from the start or after the first time you sim once the draft has started; because that's when the list gets screwed up with the entire draft pool back in there.  80% of the league would be on auto by the 4th round and that just skews the draft.  Not sure how that seems productive at all.

80% of the league would be on auto by the 4th round and that just skews the draft.  Not sure how that seems productive at all.

thats why I decided to auto draft the rest.

I export the players to excel- so I don't really use the in game list.  For the auto draft I basically just let the scout set my rounds and let it go from there.  But the First 3 rounds- I pick from my excel file.

We have a few months til we draft again and can discuss further.  I don't care past 3 rounds maybe 5 rounds in a very strong draft- but i don't want to limit teams who like to draft more.

Maybe I'll put a poll up later in the season. 

A) draft 1-3 rounds live in statslab and 2 in game drafts for rounds 4-6 and 7-10.

B) draft 1-3 live in statslab or rounds 4-10 in 1 in game draft

Why not limit the minority of teams?  If 4 teams want to "live draft" beyond 3 rounds out of 24 or however many teams we have, then who cares?  If you want to do that, then something should be done so that my in-game draft list doesn't get overridden because we have to "sim-on" instead of pausing.  We don't all take 2-5 hours to do this draft.  We don't all export to an excel spreadsheet and go through ever player.  Some of us just don't spend that much time on it.  Why make the draft harder for those that are taking this "casual" league as a casual league?

Just asking these questions.  I'm not mad at all.  Just doesn't make sense to me.

Bum
Rich
Commish

Post by Rich on July 25th 2014, 9:05 am

Bumstead wrote:
Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:
Rich wrote:
KMcBride wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote: You would have til after the sim on the 23rd to set your lists in game.

What happened to this?
My apologies- I wasn't clear.  I sent out an email on the 17th- to have the lists updated for the 7/23 sim.  Looks like i left out sim, which may of caused some confusion.

Those who voted/answered are fine with drafting the rest of the Ammy draft in game.  So we will finish the third round today and the the rest of the rounds will be in game.  Please make sure you list is updated (in game) for the 7/23/14. I'll run it on the 23rd.
Gotchya. I didn't get that email, but I'm not too concerned with it. Annoyed that I traded for a 4th round pick and couldn't draft it though, lol.

Check if he's on the e-mail list if you want, but in multiple places we were told that the draft would be run AFTER the 7/23 sim.  I'm in the same boat:  traded for a 4th rounder.  I felt stupid because I thought maybe I was the only one who got the wrong impression about when the draft would be run, but it looks like I'm not.   

Although . . . I have to say . . .  I'm sorta okay with how my draft turned out, so I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.  I would only ask that the Commish please be clearer in the future about the schedule.
I'll def be clearer.  In the schedule I was talking about when the game hits the draft.  I can't do anything with the draft in game til we are on the draft.  Which was after the 7/23 sim.  I was on the fence of whether I could complete the draft in the AM- but I wasn't clear about when exports where due.

I think I will schedule in in game drafts starting next year.  We will do rounds 1-3 in statslab, then 4-6 in game, and 7-10 in game.  Unless the drafts change I don't see us doing 5 rounds live anymore.  Don't want to do it all in game for the whole draft-

Rich

Don't feel compelled to list to teams from Maine...Or teams that traded for 4th round picks... cheers  or teams with logos of guys in "muscle" shirts... mutt 

That is all.... yay
the biggest issue is statslab not emailing updates.  otherwise I would just let it run through.  I don't feel like babysitting and emailing everyone for 10 rounds.

eh...it's a pain to go to your in-game list and try to figure out who has been taken and who hasn't.  I'm not putting a list of 150 players into Stats Lab originally.  So if we are going to sim while we draft it just makes it a pain in the buttocks.  Took me forever to find a guy for the 3rd round.  Thought I did alright, but still, there should be an easier way.  If not, even if the e-mail function worked it wouldn't be productive to draft on Stats Lab.  Unless...we stopped simming during the draft.  Nobody wants to, so I see no reason to draft more than 3 rounds live.  It's just not worth the trouble when I have a list in-game and now I have to figure out who everyone else has taken and then...it would work just fine in-game from the start or after the first time you sim once the draft has started; because that's when the list gets screwed up with the entire draft pool back in there.  80% of the league would be on auto by the 4th round and that just skews the draft.  Not sure how that seems productive at all.

80% of the league would be on auto by the 4th round and that just skews the draft.  Not sure how that seems productive at all.

thats why I decided to auto draft the rest.

I export the players to excel- so I don't really use the in game list.  For the auto draft I basically just let the scout set my rounds and let it go from there.  But the First 3 rounds- I pick from my excel file.

We have a few months til we draft again and can discuss further.  I don't care past 3 rounds maybe 5 rounds in a very strong draft- but i don't want to limit teams who like to draft more.

Maybe I'll put a poll up later in the season. 

A) draft 1-3 rounds live in statslab and 2 in game drafts for rounds 4-6 and 7-10.

B) draft 1-3 live in statslab or rounds 4-10 in 1 in game draft

.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead on July 25th 2014, 8:06 am

Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:
Rich wrote:
KMcBride wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:

What happened to this?

Rich

That is all.... yay

Rich
Commish

Post by Rich on July 25th 2014, 6:32 am

Bumstead wrote:
Rich wrote:
KMcBride wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:

What happened to this?

Rich

That is all.... yay

.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
WhoDat
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat on July 24th 2014, 8:47 pm

Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:Kinda makes me chuckle that someone actually trades for a pick below the 2nd or 3rd round...I guess if someone is offering it, you take it, but I can't see any reason to put any value on it.  There is literally nothing available at that point that one can count on.  Now, there may be an OOTP miracle down the line for one or two of these players but I see no way of predicting such a thing.  Much like I can't predict how my 1st and 2nd rounders are going to suddenly suck 2 days after the draft...

Bum
I would to dump some salary.  Anyone playing ootp15- any major differences.  I think they reworked the ratings?  Is it the same/better/worse?  Most likely we will upgrade to 16 at some point depending on what changes.

I'm in 4 leagues running v15.  The ratings system didn't change though there is an optional 'comparative' rating system that none of the leagues I am are using.

Not a whole lot of dramatic changes.  The biggest negative for me is the appearance/interface changes, I think they went the wrong way with that.  A few positives; The ability to offer contracts to personnel before firing the guy you are thinking of replacing.  Spring training non-roster invitees.  Releasing a player still under contract...the salary owed is paid over the length of the contract under certain circumstances. Batter babip. A few additional options for feeder leagues.

The drafts are the same as v14.  Some will like that (me) and some won't.

So yea some little niceties but nothing earth shattering.  I was for upgrading since I already had v15 and I'd rather run only one version of OOTP.

There are some other additions that aren't used in the leagues I'm in.  Winter Leagues, Foreign leagues posting players, better handling of independent leagues.
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead on July 24th 2014, 4:21 pm

Rich wrote:
KMcBride wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:

What happened to this?

Rich

That is all.... yay
Rich
Commish

Post by Rich on July 24th 2014, 3:49 pm

KMcBride wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:

What happened to this?

.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
KMcBride
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Post by KMcBride on July 24th 2014, 3:35 pm

Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:

What happened to this?

Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead on July 24th 2014, 2:52 pm

Rich wrote:
Bumstead wrote:Kinda makes me chuckle that someone actually trades for a pick below the 2nd or 3rd round...I guess if someone is offering it, you take it, but I can't see any reason to put any value on it.  There is literally nothing available at that point that one can count on.  Now, there may be an OOTP miracle down the line for one or two of these players but I see no way of predicting such a thing.  Much like I can't predict how my 1st and 2nd rounders are going to suddenly suck 2 days after the draft...

Bum
all the reason to trade your prospects and picks to me for seasoned vets.  For the most part my picks that are good when I draft them end up being major league players.  There are you busts and surprises that I think is good.  The draft classes don't seem to be as deep as they where- I'm not sure if that is the scouts eyes or the latest ootp version.  Back in the begining I seem to remember getting 1-3 rounds of good players and 4-5 as borderline.  Now it seems like 1 round of good players.  2-3 borderline and the rest minor lg'ers.

My experience with OOTP15 isn't any different for the draft, but then again I am running a historical league from 1901 using real players.  I got fired by the Reds after 3 years...had to go to Rookie Ball and worked my way back to the Cleveland Naps in 1907...Finished 2nd in my 2nd season and looking toward competing for a division title this season and a shot at the World Series; I just have Ty Cobb kill off any potential challengers... affraid  I do own a AAA championship though...took 15 ghost players and 10 real players to pull it off...

I am happy to trade you my 4-10 round picks, but since I don't value them I am also not taking on any salary unless the player is 24 and productive.  So 7 picks for your young catcher seems fair and you can "build" up your farm system...
Rich
Commish

Post by Rich on July 24th 2014, 2:42 pm

Bum
all the reason to trade your prospects and picks to me for seasoned vets.  For the most part my picks that are good when I draft them end up being major league players.  There are you busts and surprises that I think is good.  The draft classes don't seem to be as deep as they where- I'm not sure if that is the scouts eyes or the latest ootp version.  Back in the begining I seem to remember getting 1-3 rounds of good players and 4-5 as borderline.  Now it seems like 1 round of good players.  2-3 borderline and the rest minor lg'ers.

.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
Rich
Commish

Post by Rich on July 24th 2014, 2:36 pm

Bum
I would to dump some salary.  Anyone playing ootp15- any major differences.  I think they reworked the ratings?  Is it the same/better/worse?  Most likely we will upgrade to 16 at some point depending on what changes.

.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead on July 24th 2014, 11:23 am

Kinda makes me chuckle that someone actually trades for a pick below the 2nd or 3rd round...I guess if someone is offering it, you take it, but I can't see any reason to put any value on it.  There is literally nothing available at that point that one can count on.  Now, there may be an OOTP miracle down the line for one or two of these players but I see no way of predicting such a thing.  Much like I can't predict how my 1st and 2nd rounders are going to suddenly suck 2 days after the draft...

Bum
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead on July 24th 2014, 11:16 am

Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:

What happened to this?

going forward we will have to take that into consideration in the future.  We usually do 1-5 live and the rest in game.  With the weak class and a good bunch of teams on auto- I figured we would finish it up.

The draft is so weak after the first half of the 3rd round, that it is irritating to nitpick through one's draft list to decide which shitty player you should take.  Sorting through 3 rounds of players taken within your draft pool also makes it difficult to even find that next "gem" that is available to draft.  It wouldn't bother me if we did the entire draft in-game, but I understand the angst of wanting to do 2-3 rounds live.  After that, I think we should have some consideration for those "owners" that aren't going to spend 2-3 hours trying to figure out which players are still available (because my in-game draft list doesn't eliminate taken players; not even if I eliminate them; once we sim, they all return).  If we stopped simming for 1 week (gasp!), then it would make sense to draft more rounds live.  As it is, it is a pain in the ass to do so.

Bum
Rich
Commish

Post by Rich on July 24th 2014, 9:55 am

PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:

What happened to this?

.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!
Rich
Commish

Post by Rich on July 24th 2014, 9:50 am

PelicansGM wrote:
Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:

What happened to this?

going forward we will have to take that into consideration in the future.  We usually do 1-5 live and the rest in game.  With the weak class and a good bunch of teams on auto- I figured we would finish it up.

.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!

Post by Guest on July 24th 2014, 9:35 am

Rich wrote:
PelicansGM wrote:

What happened to this?

Rich
Commish

Post by Rich on July 24th 2014, 8:43 am

PelicansGM wrote:

What happened to this?

.556(900-720)
2027 NABL Champs!

Post by Guest on July 23rd 2014, 8:43 pm

What happened to this?
Bumstead
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead on July 17th 2014, 12:19 pm

joepott wrote:Upon further review of the draft I am seeing all kinds of screwed up stuff. I know I wanted to draft SP Greg Price, but he was taken when I picked. Now I am seeing him drafted after my pick? Seriously?!?! Also I see some of the guys I had on my list are still not drafted. Honestly I would rather do the whole draft in game. It is just as easy, if not easier, to make a list in game.

Upon further review Potts, it seems like you had the same draft you have every year...then you have the best farm system in the game...maybe we should all draft that way, gripe about it and then reap the benefits...

Hey, after putting in a list, check the "draft from list" box AND HIT "SAVE."  I think this will help you and then your farm system can decline...

Here me now, thank me later.   cheers 

Jeff
WhoDat
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat on July 17th 2014, 11:25 am

joepott wrote:Upon further review of the draft I am seeing all kinds of screwed up stuff. I know I wanted to draft SP Greg Price, but he was taken when I picked. Now I am seeing him drafted after my pick? Seriously?!?! Also I see some of the guys I had on my list are still not drafted. Honestly I would rather do the whole draft in game. It is just as easy, if not easier, to make a list in game.
 Don't know what you did/what happened but I had Price on my list in-game before the draft started and he was top of my list when my pick came up.  If he had been picked earlier he would have been removed from my list so I'm sure he wasn't picked earlier.  In fact I was watching the draft and had my eye on a couple people, one of who was taken right before my pick, and Price was one of the guys I was watching.
WhoDat
T Ball'er
T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat on July 17th 2014, 11:21 am

I have seen no issues with the draft.  That said after the 1st 3 rounds in-game is fine with me.  This is why I voted against trading picks all the way to the 10th round, whats the point if people aren't going to even draft in the 1st couple of rounds.

Post by Guest on July 16th 2014, 9:44 pm

In game after round 3 works for me. Saves me the hassle of having to add more to my list.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is September 22nd 2018, 2:18 am