Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
upgrading to OOTP 15? EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
upgrading to OOTP 15? EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
upgrading to OOTP 15? EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
upgrading to OOTP 15? EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
upgrading to OOTP 15? EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
upgrading to OOTP 15? EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
upgrading to OOTP 15? EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
upgrading to OOTP 15? EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
upgrading to OOTP 15? EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

4 posters

upgrading to OOTP 15?

upgrading to OOTP 15? Empty Re: upgrading to OOTP 15?

Post by Guest June 6th 2014, 9:49 pm

I have the v 15 uploaded but haven't purchased the license key .  if we do upgrade I will purchase it as a few of the other leagues I am in are upgrading around the ASG timeframe when the game will be discounted.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich June 6th 2014, 5:13 am

the basic editor would solve the issue I have with going in the editor and possible seeing something.  Before without scouting it didn't matter since we all saw everything and we where at 1-100 ratings.  Now its a little different with scouting so I stay out of the editor.

As to doing edits to the top players in HS and college- thats something we could talk about later when we get to a version with the basic editor.  I would like to add the following in the future -

1) retired numbers - 1 per year per team max with article about the player
    2) nicknames - adding/changing a players nick name in your organization
    3) rename new players - brand new HS and college only as in the past

when we get there we can talk more about how and when more.  If the basic editor works they way I think it will take my issues away and the main reason why I decide to drop this league feature.  The names don't seem to be an issue as in the past version - I remember in AHIBA having basically the same names over 5 and 6 times in the league.  Even playing on different teams during the same time period.  Its not a big feature but some di enjoy it and I would add the past GMs into the pools as well and eventually after a long time they will possible hit the majors...
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat June 6th 2014, 1:41 am

Rich wrote:In ootp 15, there is a basic editor now.  Anyone can edit numbers now?  What else can be edited by non commish?

When they go into the editor it looks like they can change some things like height, hometown, L/R, etc but you can't see any ratings.  When they export the only change exported is their uniform number.

I have v15.  I am in 2 leagues that have upgraded to v15 without any major issues.  The only thing I've seen is the 'top prospect' reports gets run multiple times when it updates.  I've seen no process issues either.

I have been doing some extensive testing of a possible online league set up and the only issue I have see there is the occasional crash on log-term (multi-year) sims.

I would be fine if we upgrade but I'd also be OK if we stayed at v15 for now.  Ultimately I'd like to upgrade to v15 because I'd rather not run multiple versions of OOTP.

Post by Guest June 5th 2014, 10:22 pm

I have it, and am actively in a league that began with 15, and we've had no problems. Like 14 over 13, there's nothing earth shattering between the two, but some minor cool upgrades. Again, I've got both, so I don't have a problem with this being a 14 or 15 league.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich June 5th 2014, 10:13 pm

In ootp 15, there is a basic editor now. Anyone can edit numbers now? What else can be edited by non commish?
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead June 5th 2014, 10:12 pm

I do not have 15 currently.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich June 5th 2014, 10:03 pm

Guys post if you already have 15.  We upgraded to 14 because most of the league had it already.  It def won't be this season, would be at discount time.  I currently do not have it.

Last edited by Rich on June 5th 2014, 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post by Guest June 5th 2014, 10:00 pm

I have 15 and my other league is moving to it after this current season is over. I'd be more than happy to stay with 14 in this league though, would make it a lot easier for me to remember what I'm doing with which team.
    Rosco70
    Rosco70
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Rosco70 June 5th 2014, 5:11 pm

I got 15 but not really played solo much since I started online leagues, only difference I have noticed so far is in signing draft picks, if it says impossible to sign you have to offer them a lot of money over their asking price and you only get one chance at it or they cease all talks. Also it seems to take a lot more proceesing power as it takes a lot longer to generate some reports. Am happy to stay on 14 though.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich June 5th 2014, 3:30 pm

Blue wrote:Hey guys, have we made a decision on whether or not we're going to go to OOTP 15? One of my other leagues is going, but i'm not that excited to upgrade. If we're gonna move here for sure, then i'll bite the bullet.
    I'm not planning on it - was thinking about waiting for 16.  Nothing really big to get me to bite.

upgrading to OOTP 15? Empty upgrading to OOTP 15?

Post by Guest June 5th 2014, 3:26 pm

Hey guys, have we made a decision on whether or not we're going to go to OOTP 15? One of my other leagues is going, but i'm not that excited to upgrade. If we're gonna move here for sure, then i'll bite the bullet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is April 19th 2024, 9:31 am