Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
Should the NABL allow Cash trades? EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
Should the NABL allow Cash trades? EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
Should the NABL allow Cash trades? EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
Should the NABL allow Cash trades? EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
Should the NABL allow Cash trades? EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
Should the NABL allow Cash trades? EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
Should the NABL allow Cash trades? EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
Should the NABL allow Cash trades? EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
Should the NABL allow Cash trades? EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

3 posters

Should the NABL allow Cash trades?

Poll

Should the NABL allow Cash trades?

[ 12 ]
    Should the NABL allow Cash trades? Vote_lcap86%Should the NABL allow Cash trades? Vote_rcap [86%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Should the NABL allow Cash trades? Vote_lcap14%Should the NABL allow Cash trades? Vote_rcap [14%] 

Total Votes: 14
    Poll closed
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Should the NABL allow Cash trades? Empty Re: Should the NABL allow Cash trades?

Post by Rich June 10th 2014, 10:07 am

this has also passed- will update the rules...  For now I will put a 5 mil max per trade and see how it goes.

Post by Guest June 5th 2014, 1:49 pm

Voted yes because I could see a situation where you are eying a free agent that is just out of your price range and trading for the cash to be able to bid on him could be a viable concept. (depending on if you could get the trade processed in time to make the bid)
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich June 4th 2014, 12:15 pm

WhoDat wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:I thought we already allowed this but since we don't sure (as long as it doesn't allow you to go over the cash maximum).
    The cash max is 10 mil.  If I have 20 mil cash and get 2 mil from Maine aren't I just going to lose the 12 mil at the end of the season.  Why does it matter is we go over the max other than possible boosting the budgets.  It will help the few teams at negative cash recover quicker, limit some of the extra cash, hopefully increase trading.  We could always put in some limits.

True, as long as you have to spend that cash during the current fiscal year I guess going over the cash max doesn't hurt.  Though I'm not sure what the benefit is either except that you could turn around and trade that cash to a cash strapped team for some player(s).

In one league I am in the Commish keeps track of the excess cash and allows teams to spend it on stadium improvements and other 'Color' additions to the league (ie; relocation, rebranding, etc)
    we tried to do that but we never really got and interest in it.  No one spend the cash and it wasn't worth me keeping track of the cash/points/incentives etc.
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat June 4th 2014, 12:14 pm

Rich wrote:
    WhoDat wrote:I thought we already allowed this but since we don't sure (as long as it doesn't allow you to go over the cash maximum).
    The cash max is 10 mil.  If I have 20 mil cash and get 2 mil from Maine aren't I just going to lose the 12 mil at the end of the season.  Why does it matter is we go over the max other than possible boosting the budgets.  It will help the few teams at negative cash recover quicker, limit some of the extra cash, hopefully increase trading.  We could always put in some limits.

True, as long as you have to spend that cash during the current fiscal year I guess going over the cash max doesn't hurt.  Though I'm not sure what the benefit is either except that you could turn around and trade that cash to a cash strapped team for some player(s).

In the TMBU a fairly common place thing has become buying draft picks for cash.  Specifically from teams who don't want to or arn't putting the time into making their draft picks so at least they get something from the pick other than an autopick. 

In one league I am in the Commish keeps track of the excess cash and allows teams to spend it on stadium improvements and other 'Color' additions to the league (ie; relocation, rebranding, etc)

Last edited by WhoDat on June 4th 2014, 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich June 4th 2014, 12:05 pm

KMcBride wrote:
    Rich wrote:

My understanding is that most teams are at the cash max, but there are a few (based on Jeff's comments earlier) that could use some mechanism to acquire more cash.  I think for most teams, asking for/offering cash in a deal is going to be pointless, but if there's some benefit to this which might help level the playing field a bit more, I'd be in favor of it.
    14 are under 10 mil cash and 14 are over/at the max.  6 of 14 teams under cash max currently have neg cash.  So cash deals would help recover quicker and spread the money around.
    KMcBride
    KMcBride
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by KMcBride June 4th 2014, 11:55 am

Rich wrote:

My understanding is that most teams are at the cash max, but there are a few (based on Jeff's comments earlier) that could use some mechanism to acquire more cash.  I think for most teams, asking for/offering cash in a deal is going to be pointless, but if there's some benefit to this which might help level the playing field a bit more, I'd be in favor of it.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich June 4th 2014, 11:49 am

KMcBride wrote:So, this would be trades for cash, where the cash goes into scouting/development and other expenses, but does not impact how much we can spend in the salary cap, right?
    yes- this would not change the cap.  The cap is currently 95 mil which you can't go over.  it would allow us to trade a ml for 500k or 1 mil cash.  Now the cash max is currently 10 mil.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich June 4th 2014, 11:47 am

KMcBride
    KMcBride
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by KMcBride June 4th 2014, 11:46 am

So, this would be trades for cash, where the cash goes into scouting/development and other expenses, but does not impact how much we can spend in the salary cap, right?
    WhoDat
    WhoDat
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by WhoDat June 4th 2014, 11:41 am

I thought we already allowed this but since we don't sure (as long as it doesn't allow you to go over the cash maximum).
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Should the NABL allow Cash trades? Empty Should the NABL allow Cash trades?

Post by Rich June 4th 2014, 11:22 am

I think is we allow cash trades, it would help increase trading of players not valuable enough for picks.  Also it would help spread around the wealth.

Last edited by Rich on June 10th 2014, 10:14 am; edited 3 times in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 6:50 pm