Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login. You must be logged in for full member access.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An OOTP17 Baseball Sim League

The next sim is: TBD upgrading to ootp17
The current game date is: 10/25/2031...
Congrats to the Las Vegas Blackjacks on winning the 2031 World Series!
The NABL league is currently full
We are starting the 2031-2032 off season....

Latest topics

» NABL OOTP16 Rules (2015 - 2017)
Random Name Generator EmptyJune 21st 2017, 10:43 pm by Rich

» 2031 Regular season Schedule
Random Name Generator EmptyMay 25th 2016, 11:41 am by Rich

» 2030-2031 Off Season Schedule
Random Name Generator EmptyMay 23rd 2016, 10:11 am by Rich

» 2030 Regular Season Sims
Random Name Generator EmptyApril 26th 2016, 9:04 am by Rich

» Form to Join League: Please fill out
Random Name Generator EmptyMarch 24th 2016, 3:33 pm by Guest

» Draft update
Random Name Generator EmptyMarch 18th 2016, 9:11 am by Rich

» League Website
Random Name Generator EmptyMarch 13th 2016, 11:59 pm by WhoDat

» Draft Pool
Random Name Generator EmptyMarch 12th 2016, 1:04 am by Rich

» Charming seeks SP
Random Name Generator EmptyMarch 10th 2016, 10:02 am by bigrevkev55

Twitter

Who is online?

In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 535 on June 19th 2021, 7:09 am

4 posters

Random Name Generator

Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Random Name Generator Empty Re: Random Name Generator

Post by Rich June 5th 2014, 10:17 pm

Bumstead wrote:Apparently nobody cares...Oh well....
    in the future will we likely add some of these options.  In 15 you can retire numbers.
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich June 5th 2014, 10:10 pm

I have no problem bringing this back if no one is against it. I started looking into doing edits to the name file. I haven't had a chance to test it. But I think I can add first and last names to the day and the game will randomly generate players with those names. We wouldn't get the exact names but I could add gms last names and other last names to the database. If we want exact names it would need to be a player edit.

Post by Guest June 5th 2014, 10:03 pm

I have no problem with it. Would make more sense in 15 and beyond though where you can retire jerseys.
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead June 5th 2014, 4:14 pm

Apparently nobody cares...Oh well....
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich June 3rd 2014, 12:38 pm

Bumstead wrote:
    Rich wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:I miss being able to give players names...Can't we just change players names that are rated high by OSA?  Not sure why this was such a big deal.  

I mean, who doesn't want to draft a guy named Ozzie Osbourne and wonder if they will be able to control him or if his career will go into a tailspin of drugs and alcohol and living off rodents?
    I prefer to stay out of the player editor.  If this is something the league misses we can discuss it further.
    I am a part of the league and I miss it.   cheers   My recollection is that Mark got mad (he will say he was not mad, but merely expressed his "concern," so read this whichever way you find most appropriate or, as in my case, most entertaining; I just assume that he was furious because it irritates him and makes me laugh!  haha) because you were changing the names of the highly rated players and that would somehow affect how some of us less savvy owners drafted.  However, if you just go to the league page and edit some of the names of the OSA highly rated players, I'm not sure how this affects anything, as even the laziest of us owners can look at those ratings without using rocket science.  After all these years of being in these leagues with you, Rich, I trust that you can handle this "name change" without putting yourself at some sort of advantage.

But, hey, maybe we should just have all the same names we have seen in every freakin' league we have ever been in over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...vanilla is just so....vanilla, ain't it?

Bum
    well we can discuss this further. I'm fine with brining back this name requests.  There are two way we could do it.

1. The way we have in the past is that GMs request names and I change newly added players to the game.  
    2. I believe we can edit the names file and reimport it and the new names could be used by the game.  More research would need to be done on my part.

lets see how the others feel.  I'm all for anything that helps with Immersion
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead June 2nd 2014, 3:06 pm

Rich wrote:
    Bumstead wrote:I miss being able to give players names...Can't we just change players names that are rated high by OSA?  Not sure why this was such a big deal.  

I mean, who doesn't want to draft a guy named Ozzie Osbourne and wonder if they will be able to control him or if his career will go into a tailspin of drugs and alcohol and living off rodents?
    I prefer to stay out of the player editor.  If this is something the league misses we can discuss it further.
    I am a part of the league and I miss it.   cheers   My recollection is that Mark got mad (he will say he was not mad, but merely expressed his "concern," so read this whichever way you find most appropriate or, as in my case, most entertaining; I just assume that he was furious because it irritates him and makes me laugh!  haha) because you were changing the names of the highly rated players and that would somehow affect how some of us less savvy owners drafted.  However, if you just go to the league page and edit some of the names of the OSA highly rated players, I'm not sure how this affects anything, as even the laziest of us owners can look at those ratings without using rocket science.  After all these years of being in these leagues with you, Rich, I trust that you can handle this "name change" without putting yourself at some sort of advantage.

But, hey, maybe we should just have all the same names we have seen in every freakin' league we have ever been in over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over...vanilla is just so....vanilla, ain't it?

Bum
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich May 31st 2014, 2:09 am

Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead May 30th 2014, 12:48 pm

Rosco70 wrote:If Ozzie was on your team i'd be more concerned with him eating the bats Smile

Ha!  I'm not sure my team has any of those so-called "bats."   affraid
    Rosco70
    Rosco70
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Rosco70 May 30th 2014, 12:44 pm

If Ozzie was on your team i'd be more concerned with him eating the bats Smile
    Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead May 30th 2014, 11:20 am

I miss being able to give players names...Can't we just change players names that are rated high by OSA?  Not sure why this was such a big deal.  

Bumstead
    Bumstead
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by Bumstead May 30th 2014, 11:15 am

interestingly enough, he's not a speed guy and he appears to have power...apparently the game misremembers Coco...
    Rich
    Rich
    Commish

Post by Rich May 29th 2014, 9:25 pm

Rosco70 wrote:Was looking through the college and high school leagues and I discovered this guy masquerading as a college player [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , having not played much fictional am not sure if its rare or not but even down to having the same nickname is too much of a coincidence.
    first time ive seen that...
    KMcBride
    KMcBride
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Post by KMcBride May 29th 2014, 6:20 pm

HA!!
    Rosco70
    Rosco70
    T Ball'er
    T Ball'er

Random Name Generator Empty Random Name Generator

Post by Rosco70 May 29th 2014, 5:19 pm

Was looking through the college and high school leagues and I discovered this guy masquerading as a college player [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] , having not played much fictional am not sure if its rare or not but even down to having the same nickname is too much of a coincidence.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is March 28th 2024, 4:29 am